Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Teacing Photoshop Elments

JulieR 15 28 England
7 Sep 2009 3:03PM
Hi
I have been asked to teach photoshop/digital imaging to ten students. At present they don't have any image editing software on their computers. I was thinking about teaching basic photshop elements 5 (cheap for students to buy themselves) but am confused about the licensing agreements. Could I buy a version and put it on all 10 computers or would I have to buy ten copies? Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks Julie
Overread 13 4.1k 19 England
7 Sep 2009 3:05PM
Would it not be best to start with elements 7 since that is the current version in the shops and the most likley one they will pickup?
As for licences a single shopbought copy is for one computer only, but as a teaching resource I am certain that there are multicomputer licences that you can aquire. It might also be a good line to go down as there are student discounts on the full package as well (something for your students to consider when they complete the course)
JulieR 15 28 England
7 Sep 2009 3:29PM
Hi Overread

Yes I think you are right about version 7, easier for them to find. I will be teaching a group of holiday makers for a weekend so nothing too serious. I am not a qualified teacher so don't think i would qualify for student/teacher discounts.. oh what a dilemma LOL!
If I did decide on the multi use licenses do you know where I would go to get one please?
Many thanks J
Overread 13 4.1k 19 England
7 Sep 2009 3:44PM
I'm not sure - I would think the best place to ask would be Adob themselves - but there might be better (read cheaper) routs with some distributers which I am not aware of.
Also are you charging for this teaching - I assume you are - might it be possible to factor in the cost of elements 7 for each student into this course - so that they effectivly pay you for your time and for their own copy of elements (you might get shop discount if you get 10 copies all at once).
podgod 17 514 3 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2009 4:02PM
I believe you get to try before you buy if you download Elements for about 30 days, this is what some of the colleges and training establishments I've been on courses to have done. I'm not sure of the legality, so you would need to check up on that.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.