Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Tethering using Digital Photo Professional ...

NickParry 15 1.0k 79 Wales
11 Jan 2011 5:08PM
Hello,

I often shoot tethered in a studio setup using Digital Photo Professional using a 5D and the EOS utility. Is there any way of getting the images to load as full screen previews as soon as they enter the computer, rather than as thumbnails? Viewing larger is possible when you click on each thumbnail, but ideally I want to see the images loading as full screen.

I also use Photoshop Bridge too (but not for tethering) , so if there is a way of doing it with that software it could be useful.

Nick Smile
t_downes 12 279 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2011 10:05PM
Hi Nick. When you switch your camera on the EOS utility starts up click on other functions there is an option to view photos in there, when you open that just maximise the whole box till it fits the screen and take the pics. done tethered sunday and i have forgot already. sitting here thinking is that right.Hope this works. Im sure it did for me lol. I know they were bigger than thumb nails.. good luck
13 Jan 2011 1:31AM
Thanks for that.

I also had a play tonight and I have got it to work/open in Bridge now. I just 'linked' the software to bridge.exe and the images now open in Bridge once taken . Previews aren't full screen, but a very satisfactory size.
t_downes 12 279 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2011 10:34PM
Found this for you as well if your interested Nick..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tethered+photography&aq=0
14 Jan 2011 12:06AM
Many thanks, will have a watch Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.