Thank you EPZ (& Manfrotto & Drew Gardner)

Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
5 Mar 2012 10:36AM
After a bit of debating with myself, I did went to Focus on Imaging yesterday because of the appointments I have made through EPZ for the One-to-One and Portfolio Review with Drew Gardner (Double dose of me, lucky him! Smile)

The day started with a disaster as I misread my time slot and missed my 1-2-1 with Drew. But he was very nice and squeezed me into his busy schedule for 10 minutes for that.

However, the day ended up brilliantly. The first photo in the piles happened to be the one of Lucky and me. He looked at it, and his facial expression was brilliant. He loved it. He then took a picture of it with his phone so that he can show it to his partner. He was showing it to people who walked into the room we were in.
He wanted to put it in his blog and asked me for a low res file!!!!

For someone of his caliber feeling passionate about my work and wanting to blog about it, I cannot wish for a better outcome.

So, I would like to say a huge thank you to EPZ (especially Tricia for organising the whole thing), Manfrotto, and Drew!

Cole

* It was great to meet up with NickW, Laurel_Steinbeck, Mike_Otley and MartinW.
Thank you Nick for your company for the whole day and your fiver, much appreciated.
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
5 Mar 2012 10:51AM
Thanks Cole, great news regarding Drew's interest in your work.
I will look at his blog when he catches up after Focus.

Has anyone else had interesting outcomes from these events?
cattyal Plus
15 9.2k 6 England
5 Mar 2012 11:01AM
I'm not brave enough to put my portfolio under scrutiny (the truth very often hurts) - but good news for you Cole - sounds like you had an excellent day Smile
User_Removed 18 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2012 2:53PM
I think you should Ali.
I'm pretty sure a lot of photographers would be impressed. Smile
User_Removed 18 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2012 3:19PM

Quote:* It was great to meet up with NickW, Laurel_Steinbeck, Mike_Otley and MartinW.

Good to meet you to Cole and Nick. Wink
User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
5 Mar 2012 4:20PM
(Catching up here - yet another Funeral today...)

Yes - it was good to meet up with Cole again and to (finally!) meet Nick!

Quote:I'm not brave enough to put my portfolio under scrutiny (the truth very often hurts)

Yes you are Al... yes you are.

I agree with Gerry 100% on this... The number of good, solid compliments I get about your work exampled by your calendar (which I have beside me as my working calendar in the garage Service Reception area) are now well into double-figures. Smile
martin.w Plus
18 602 24 United Kingdom
5 Mar 2012 10:31PM
I had a portfolio review with Phil Coates on the Sunday. As he had a talk before my time I sat down to watch a very entertaining half hour of his trip to the North Pole. This overran slightly and then he had a few questions with various visitors so we did get off to a very late start!

Phil then spent nearly twice the allotted 15 minutes talking about my prints....picking out three he really liked and giving some good critique on the rest. Two of the three Phil picked out had also recieved awards from Pete on here too. I really enjoyed my time with Phil....he came across as really enthusiastic and liked photos to tell a story. We were briefly interupted by Cole and Drew so it was good to finally meet up...though not for long!

I did wander round with my EPZ badge (though I didn't demand entrance with it!), but didn't see anyone else at all from on here. While on the Lee stand though, one of the staff asked how long I had been on EPZ.....and said that he had known Pete for years.

Overall I had a great day out and would echo Cole's thanks above to EPZ, Tricia, Manfrotto and Phil Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.