Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

The 50k Blues

peterh 17 608 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2003 2:57PM
Y fforwn cymraeg rwan tydi?
Peter
User_Removed 19 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2003 3:29PM
P'nawn da Peter, sut wyt ti?

Ydych chi'n siarad Cymraeg?

Barrie
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
16 Nov 2003 4:43PM
My French isn't up to translating all this! :-(
macroman 18 15.3k England
16 Nov 2003 4:44PM
Memo to Peter & Barrie.

I think your keyboard needs seeing to, it's printing gobbledegook.

LOL
16 Nov 2003 4:59PM
y Saeson!
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
16 Nov 2003 5:06PM
Don't understand a word but I could listen all day .. LOL
16 Nov 2003 5:43PM
Sut hwyl Barry? Anffodis 'dwy'n siarad yn ofnadwy ag yn 'sgwni yn waeth.
Mae'r Sais ddim yn deall

Cywir erbin y byd

Hwyl
Peter
16 Nov 2003 6:02PM
Hi Peter

It's not the easiest language to learn particularly at my age and I find understanding the spoken language even harder. I suppose I'll get there in the end

Barrie
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
19 Nov 2003 1:21PM
We'll get told off for going off-topic in a minute.

Anyway........ one solution to the 50k blues is to put a full size/quality version of each pic on your own website and, in the "Description" bit of the pic on the gallery give the link to the full-size pic so that people can click on that to see your masterpiece in all its glory! Smile

In other words treat the 50k pic in the gallery (in effect) as a big thumbnail.

If you are not to fussed about getting your pics critiqued you can of course just post a link to your pic website in your profile!!
19 Nov 2003 1:34PM
Good thinking, Batman!
Peter
itinerario 17 42 Netherlands
19 Nov 2003 2:52PM
Carabosse: posting a link to my website would be a good idea if I had a website. I have been working on one. It started out as an overview of my hobbies and interests (photography, travel, Roman and Romanesque architecture, archeology and the like), but it got focused more and more on the architecture part. Since I am never able to contain myself once I start writing, it is beginning to turn into an illustrated history of abovementioned architecture (I have been traveling all over Western Europe to take pictures), which will not be finished for quite a while. One reason I signed up with Ephotzine is that I can show some of my pictures without having to create a website of my own.
iansamuel 17 271 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2003 8:29PM
I find that by using the 'save for web' function in photoshop I can keep an acceptable quality level at the required file size. I have to say I think a 500 pixel image can't always do justice to some shots though. 80 or 100kb limit would be appreciated.
Just Jas 19 26.3k 1 England
1 Dec 2003 10:52AM
100k uploads.

I guess where there's a WILL there's a way!

I found getting the file size right difficult in PSP8. I found that the file size tended to increase almost at the slightest movement of the mouse!

I went back to my original software 'Expert Image'. In this I found I could easily tweak, resize to 500 pixels longest side and save as a jpeg within the 50k limit. However, I have not submitted enough pics to form an opinion on my image quality after uploading. They probably didn't start out too high in the first place!

Just Jas

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.