Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

The Annoying Versions

cuffit Plus
14 353 7 England
16 Jun 2016 6:35PM
I have already had some help from David Burleson on this but for info: I tried using 'versions' for the first time recently to show several photos of an event I attended. I uploaded the first picture and versions into my portfolio and received the 'green' upload signal which took me to the 'add title and info' etc. However, although the first photo was shown as having been uploaded it never featured in the gallery; the reason given was 'you can only upload one photo a day. This went on for a few days until I decided to delete everything to do with 'versions' in the portfolio and start again. I uploaded the main photo to the website and then added the versions - that worked perfectly. I could never get them in the order I wanted in the portfolio, even though the instructions directed that you drag and drop to change photo order.

We didn't quite get to the bottom of why it wouldn't upload from the portfolio but my advice is to upload direct to the website. I was grateful that I received help very quickly which given the amount of work I expect the team has was impressive.

Chris
SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
16 Jun 2016 7:02PM
It's not the uploading we're annoyed about, it's the faffing around we have to do now to view them.
cuffit Plus
14 353 7 England
16 Jun 2016 7:16PM

Quote:It's not the uploading we're annoyed about, it's the faffing around we have to do now to view them.

Slowsong, as you can see, a few of us might not have even reached that higher level of faffing yet! I offered the note because I thought it might be relevant. It might also be the reason that the effort I put into the series received even less interest than usual single shots (notwithstanding that the photos might have been uninteresting of course).
SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
16 Jun 2016 7:23PM
I feel your pain cuffit. It's a horlicks all round. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.