Don't Miss Out On Great WEX Offers - Find Out More

THE best anti virus software? suggestions please?

lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2005 12:42AM

Quote:Add my vote to the AVG camp as well. I'm a computer engineer, and when people ask me what to use thats free or cheap, I point them at AVG for anti-virus, and Ad-Aware, Spybot, SpywareBlaster and Microsoft AntiSpyware for spyware removal and protection. ZoneAlarm free edition is a great firewall

Thats my experience too - all of these work and require little technical knowledge. Though if you need to run all 3 anti spyware products on a machine its a very bad day indeed Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Kris_Dutson 17 8.2k 1 England
6 Apr 2005 12:50AM
Another endorsee here for AVG, Zone Alarm and Ad Aware. Smile
Crespo 15 59
6 Apr 2005 1:13AM
It's McAfee Online for me, have used it for a few years now after virus problems, it's caught and destroyed any new virus I've subsequently acquired either via e-mail or whilst surfing.

Regular (often daily) and automatic updates are the key to the effectiveness of any anti-virus software otherwise it's next to useless.

For a few extra quid they offer firewall and anti-spyware, although I currently use the one with XP pro and half a dozen anti-spyware programs as in my experience they all locate different types of spyware and no one finds them all. I've got Spyware Nuker, Noadware and Adaware amongst others.
brettw 15 195 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2005 4:40AM
had no end of problems with McAfee Internet Security suite across several computers at home, so changed to Norton internet security suite (Currently 27.99 in Staples and with a licence for 3 seats).

Have used the freebie AVG from Grisoft, but had concerns that they did not seem to update as often as Norton and McAfee (but what can you expect for free software). As I use my computers for business as well as Leisure, I wanted the confort of the commercial packages.
daiprice 17 90
7 Apr 2005 3:48AM

Quote: Though if you need to run all 3 anti spyware products on a machine its a very bad day indeed Smile

The conversation normally starts as "My home PC is running very slow".

In work we use McAfee 8.0i, very good indeed
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2005 4:27AM
or even "this window keeps comming up....".

Its going to be a long night Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.