Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The Day Democracy Died in Europe!!

kombizz 12 597 1 United States
15 Nov 2011 5:25AM
The Day Democracy Died in Europe!?

Quote:11 November is rightly a poignant day. I wear a red poppy, always have, for the reasons I used to 40 years ago, ignoring the overlay of militaristic propaganda, which was always there but has been hyper-amplified of late.

But this is the day the music died for European democracy. It is of course a mistake to choose a single day or event as the day any historical grand process unfolds. But a single day can symbolise it, like the fall of the Bastille.

HERE 2b clicked!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 15 16.2k United Kingdom
15 Nov 2011 10:15AM
I assume my previous comment was offensive in some way ?
User_Removed 13 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2011 11:11AM
Bri you can't criticise what kombizz posts, it seems totally random and off topic but because it doesn't break the forum rules he's allowed. We all are
kombizz 12 597 1 United States
15 Nov 2011 11:32AM

Quote:I assume my previous comment was offensive in some way ?

can't remember!
User_Removed 13 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2011 11:55AM
Kombizz loving your HERE 2b clicked stuff. Been doing some myself
15 Nov 2011 12:18PM
I didn't criticise anything, I just said "(yawn)"

oops, I've gone and done it again.
spaceman 12 5.2k 3 Wales
15 Nov 2011 3:39PM
Kombizz, Craig Murray's blog is always worth a visit. He knows a hell of a lot about the shady ways of international politics.

Take no notice of the dullards who keep dissing you.
15 Nov 2011 5:25PM
Here's my problem: if someone wants to write a forum post on here, that I am not interested in, that's fine. I see the sensible subject title, have no interest, I ignore it. Or perhaps I even open the post, skim read it, and ignore it.

If someone (mentioning no names) posts a forum topic with a title like "Amazing" and then types "please click here to learn this amazing story" then I get slightly rattled. It's like having Sky News / Al Jazeera / whatever, just throwing up random sites in front of me and asking me to click it. I have no idea what is at the other end. I have no idea if it's work safe, or if it's a site that contains viruses or the like.

I try not to let it get to me. I have Kombizz's posts hidden, but I still see the subjects in the "recent topics" and I have no idea it's him, so I open them up.

I have asked for an option to hide topics rather than posts from a particular member, but there is no chance of getting it.
collywobles 13 3.9k 10 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2011 5:33PM

Quote:It's like having Sky News / Al Jazeera / whatever, just throwing up random sites in front of me and asking me to click it. I have no idea what is at the other end. I have no idea if it's work safe, or if it's a site that contains viruses or the like.

Fully agree with you on this one Bri, its about time the administrators put a stop to him posting these links which have no relevence or interest to 99% of our members.

€olin
JackAllTog Plus
8 4.6k 58 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2011 5:43PM
Its like receiving emails with no subject line, if the subject itself is not compelling i'll never click through, i only add to this one as i saw some good comments just above me.
I'll almost never click here on a blind link.
mikehit 7 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2011 5:48PM
I see this as a community and with joinig any community comes 'social' responsibilities as well as rights. If someone starts irritating several other people surely the mods should have quiet word in his e-shell like and ask them to be a bit more thoughtful about how they post - it may not even matter what is posted it is more the 'how' that Bri desribes so well.
Jestertheclown 8 7.5k 249 England
15 Nov 2011 5:48PM
I'm entirely with Bri as well.

I too have kombizz marked as a blocked member and have disregarded everything he's posted for a couple of years; since there was a thread which he'd started which turned nasty and was locked.
Several people, myself included, had what we considered to be perfectly acceptable comments removed and a fair amount of bad feeling was generated.
Since then, whenever I see one of his threads being posted, I hide it and ignore it but as Bri says, more often than not, I'll look at a thread because of its title rather than who posted it.
And that's where the problem lies.
As Bri has also said, if we could choose never to see his (or anybody's) threads at all it would make life considerably easier.

Jester.
gcarth Plus
12 2.6k 1 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2011 6:19PM

Quote:Fully agree with you on this one Bri, its about time the administrators put a stop to him posting these links which have no relevence or interest to 99% of our members.

Well they usually interest me. To say 99% have no interest in Kombizzes' comments is plain ridiculous - the fact that he usually gets many of us to discuss his topics, at some length, proves that you are talking your usual nonsense. Admittedly, Kombizz can be mildly annoying in his style, but I think he brings up lots of topics that are otherwise glossed over by the mainstream media. I say all power to your bow, Kombizz!
discreetphoton 12 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2011 6:27PM
Got it in one. We can't dictate a policy on who finds what interesting.
Just Jas Plus
15 26.0k 1 England
15 Nov 2011 6:35PM
Yawn!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.