Up To 50% Off Regatta Clothing + An Extra 10% Discount With Code: MSSEXTRA10

The digital Economy bill


jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
27 Mar 2010 8:01PM
Hey all, Just got a reply back from my MP about the digital economy bill. It seams that due to the fact that the election is so close. The bill will not have time to be debated. This means that for it to be dealt with in the "wash up" ( her words not mine) a deal would be done with the whips from all the main parties. So I urge everyone to contact there MP's and let them know your unhappy with this bill and point out the story about the girl whos picture was ued as a cover on a porn DVD ( im sure pete has the story somewhere in the site) Cause it lookes like if we the people dont stand up and tell the goverment then back door deals will be made to sink our right to copyright.

Story of stolen image
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
27 Mar 2010 8:37PM
I know where your coming from, And they use the term " Wash Up " quite a lot..

I think it means stuff thrown around until everyone forgets about it, Then the bill just gets past whatever.....Sad

The problem is that the current government really want this to go through, Therefore it will by what ever means required, Even dressed up as something else.

The solution is to remove them from office A S A P....Wink
Auntystatic 11 24 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2010 10:14PM
If I download music I can get my internet cut off for copyright infringement, but if I nick your pictures I get a pat on the back, interesting eh.
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
27 Mar 2010 11:07PM

Quote:If I download music I can get my internet cut off for copyright infringement, but if I nick your pictures I get a pat on the back, interesting eh.


Thats the gist of it yes. Perhaps some one should put dodgy photos of Mandlson up on the internet then the bill will die
akh Plus
17 1.2k 5 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2010 11:42AM

Quote:Just got a reply back from my MP about the digital economy bill. It seams that due to the fact that the election is so close. The bill will not have time to be debated.


I received a similar reply from my MP. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Sad
Tony
keith selmes 17 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2010 12:08PM

Quote:Perhaps some one should put dodgy photos of Mandlson up on the internet then the bill will die



Oh look ...

Enjoy it while you can
macroman 18 15.3k England
29 Mar 2010 3:31PM
One form of protest would be for everyone to remove all their photos from all websites.
Many sites rely on advertising for their finances.
Removing images would affect the number of visitors to the sites.
Eventually the advertising companies and site operators would wake up to the fact that they are wasting cash.
And they would soon be complaining about loss of potential sales.
And as we know business controls much of how Goverment thinks, so maybe there would be
a rethink on the whole issue.

On the other hand..................


Maybe not.Sad
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
29 Mar 2010 4:16PM

Quote:One form of protest would be for everyone to remove all their photos from all websites.
Many sites rely on advertising for their finances.



What like this one. Pete knows all about a stolen image i had taken from my folio and used all over the world. So why should the good people at EPZ suffer cause an unelected LORD Mandleson can screw the working class (so much for the Labour party being for the working man) to make the big corporations happy.

It stinks to high heaven as much as the MP's claiming expenses for nothing

The next best thing is to ruin any picture you take by doing a massive copyright logo on the whole image
macroman 18 15.3k England
29 Mar 2010 7:24PM
Wan't a serious suggestion, note smiley.

Possibly one long term effect if this Bill is passed, will be that serious photographers may reduce the number of images that they post anyway, or just post their less interesting pix, to the detriment of good sites like EPZ.


Quote:It stinks to high heaven as much as the MP's claiming expenses for nothing



Strange isn't it! MP's are fighting tooth and nail to be allowed to continue stealing our taxes,
but don't give a damn about theft of photographers copyright.
keith selmes 17 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
29 Mar 2010 11:05PM

Quote:serious photographers may reduce the number of images that they post anyway, or just post their less interesting pix
did that ages ago

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.