Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

The Fast show!!!

c_evans99 17 7.0k 1 Wales
21 May 2005 5:27AM
I'd put 'Frasier' up against 'Fawlty' - some of the former's episodes are fine, fine farce
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
21 May 2005 5:33AM
i heard Frasier was supposed to be good, but never really saw much of it - will look out for it then, cheers.

think that had a team of writers too?
21 May 2005 5:50AM
There was a writing team but they had something called the 'ten percenters' - good jokes that they knew only 10% of the audience would get, but they kept them in anyway... three of my favourite episdodes play on others' perception of Frasier and his effete brother Niles, viz that they were gay (which they weren't)...

The first is when Frasier invites his new station boss to dinner... the boss is gay, assumes he's on a date, then through double entendre believes that Frasier, Niles and father(Marty) are all gay.. then it starts to unravel, until only Frasier is left unawares.

Thern there's the ski lodge... Frasier, Niles, Daphne (Niles' unrequited love) and her model friend stay in a ski lodge with the French ski instructor... through misunderstanding Frasier thinks he's in with Daphne's friend, Niles thinks his chance has come with Daphne, Daphne however thinks the instructor is attracted to her, her friend goes for Niles... as does the instructor! Rooms are swapped, and the fun starts...

Finally attending an opera with Frasier Marty has to tell an elderly widow that he's gay to get out of taking her out (Frasier wants to see her daughter)... mother and daughter then turn up with a gay uncle to introcude to Marty, who tries to pass off Niles as his boyfriend...

Sounds complicated, but incredibly funny...

Ceri
u08mcb 17 5.8k
23 May 2005 8:25AM
Paul Whitehouse giving "Monster" racing tips as Nosferatu was a wee gem in the Fast Show Smile
UserHasLeft 17 654
23 May 2005 12:13PM
Isn't it about time that this mindless drivel was removed from the forums? Don't you all have better things to concentrate on than cheap, worn out, third-rate attempts at humorous television?

You lot are photographers, are you.....?

Hardest game in the world.....forty years man and boy I've been at it Smile
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 May 2005 12:20PM
Hey? Photography in the park; stockings for filters.
23 May 2005 12:25PM
'Me, the thirteenth Duke of Wybourne, in the park, with stockings, and a 300mm lens? With my reputation? Has no one thought of the consequences?'
sillyconguru 16 4.4k
23 May 2005 12:26PM
Photography, innit brilliant !!!
SimJam 16 14
23 May 2005 12:51PM
Taking photographs is like making love to a beautiful woman...
Falconer 16 16
23 May 2005 1:05PM
How do you know Simon??!! Does mother know! lol
SimJam 16 14
23 May 2005 1:07PM
Very funny Rob, anyway I've seen pictures.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.