50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

The Happy Forum

SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
15 Mar 2021 1:47PM
Well one good thing's come out of Covid. Now we have to book a slot for a blood test, there's hardly anyone in the waiting room and you're in and out within minutes. Before, it was a bit of a free-for-all, with the huge waiting room packed to the rafters and a wait of up to 3 hours sometimes.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
16 Mar 2021 12:24PM
Hartlepool having a by-election.
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2021 12:25PM
What a week....

Community Charge in for this year - No increase on last year
Water rates in - Down to 354 from 435.

In 42yrs of having my own home I've never know this 😀😀😀😀
KarenFB Plus
14 5.6k 182 England
18 Mar 2021 4:39PM

Quote:Community Charge in for this year - No increase on last year

Ours on the other hand has gone up 5%!!! (Being self employed, we can't afford to raise our prices by 5%, customers just won't use us)!

(Sorry, should be in the grumpy group! Sad)
KarenFB Plus
14 5.6k 182 England
24 Mar 2021 2:29PM
Just spent a pleasant few minutes chasing a Bee Fly..................didn't actually photograph it, but it made a pleasant diversion!! Grin (It's lovely and Spring like out there this afternoon!).
bricurtis Plus
15 2.4k 51 England
24 Mar 2021 8:24PM

Quote:Just spent a pleasant few minutes chasing a Bee Fly..................didn't actually photograph it, but it made a pleasant diversion!! Grin (It's lovely and Spring like out there this afternoon!).

We saw one too buzzing around our Pulmonaria patch today. Good to see.
Also had a gorgeous Brimstone butterfly flitting around briefly. Spring delights.Smile
KarenFB Plus
14 5.6k 182 England
25 Mar 2021 7:09AM
My youngest daughter took great delight in telling me she had TWO Brimstone fluttering around her garden the other day!! (I've only seen one at a distance so far this year!). . . . . So not fair!!
mrswoolybill Plus
14 2.7k 2395 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2021 8:05AM
A hint of normality is returning... In normal times most of my photographic activity is for local volunteer groups and community events. And visible activity disappeared a year ago... But the Community Partnership has taken a lease on a patch of derelict land in the town centre and is turning it into a 'pocket park'. Rubble has been cleared from the site, topsoil sorted, an artist is painting murals. I have been grabbing shots as work has progressed in the course of daily walks.
Next week trees and tubs will arrive; and as the rule-of-six will return, we can have a small, suitably distanced, group photo shoot with the people behind this.
It's wonderful to see activity in the high street, and something happening visibly for the benefit of the community.
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
25 Mar 2021 9:14AM

Quote:But the Community Partnership has taken a lease on a patch of derelict land in the town centre and is turning it into a 'pocket park'.

Why is it called a " pocket park "

Not a term I know Sad
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2021 10:14AM

Quote:
Quote:But the Community Partnership has taken a lease on a patch of derelict land in the town centre and is turning it into a 'pocket park'.

Why is it called a " pocket park "

Not a term I know Sad

Pocket Park

We have a few around our area.
mrswoolybill Plus
14 2.7k 2395 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2021 11:26AM
Thanks Dave, that article sums it up nicely. You could say a pocket-handkerchief park - not enough space for a park run or football pitch, but space for art, trees and a few benches. Very welcome in a town centre, and a vast improvement on what was there before.
29 Mar 2021 1:47PM
Reasons to be cheerful :
A full week of sunshine in prospect, temperatures in the 20's. Last week was pretty good too. Garden shows some real spring activity.
Time to mow the lawn...
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
5 Apr 2021 10:28AM
My lovely part-ex bookshop is opening on 12th April. Hurray!!!
SlowSong Plus
12 9.6k 30 England
6 Apr 2021 4:09PM
Another Yay!!! Table booked at one of our fave pubs by the sea for my birthday lunch next week. What with that and the shops opening again, I can feel my purse getting lighter as I speak. SmileSmileSmile
DaveRyder Plus
7 5.3k 9 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2021 12:51PM
Just happy....

253884_1617882706.jpg

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.