Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

The Happy Forum

3oldmen 23 United States
18 May 2019 6:09PM

Quote:My camera has had a firmware update released, which is a bit of a shock as Sony does not really have " love " for A mount anymore.

But neither I nor many people on various forums know what the benefits are as Sony have been very vague

Quote:Improves the overall stability of the camera

Anyway, the process was quite easy so at least I am up-to-date Smile

We are very pleased that you are living in the 'now'. We are mostly living in the 'yesterday'. That happens when you get old.GrinGrinGrin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
3 Jun 2019 10:53PM
Not that I will buying but it is good to see Apple announcing a new computer and monitor instead of watches, mobile telephones etc. Smile

JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
7 Jun 2019 9:58AM
Apparently, here in the UK it is National Fish & Chip Day.

I recall as a teenager a portion was half a crown, best open wrapped in white paper & newspaper with loads of salt & vinegar and a wooden mini fork !

I have my favourite plaice, how about you ?
altitude50 14 15.2k United Kingdom
7 Jun 2019 11:24AM
I remember as a child in the 1950's a local fish & chip shop produced chips that were slightly crisp on the outside and beautifully floury inside - 3 pence a portion. They were supllied in a soggy, oily shallow paper bag and tasted wonderful. No mini forks then!
Then the price gradually went up & up and if I remember correctly in the early 60's were generally about 1 shilling a bag, an alleged potato shortage made the price suddenly about two shillings and sixpence a time and the price never went down to the previous level (as normal in retail) when supply was plentiful.
Where I live now there are two nearby fish & chip shops. One advertises itself as award winning, but the chips (and fish) are woefully inferior to the other one.Grin
The best fish & chips I have had recently were in Hastings.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
8 Jun 2019 12:30PM
Since having Frostie from January, he hasn't exactly been a lap cat. However, for the first time this morning he gradually crawled onto my lap as I was reading the paper, had a big wash then settled down for a sleep. An hour later I had to move. SmileSmileSmile
altitude50 14 15.2k United Kingdom
13 Jun 2019 8:38AM

Quote:I have just found out that 'Cupcake day' is on my birthday. If anyone is interested the only cupcakes I like are flat, savoury & flavoured with tomato sauce, cheese, sometimes pepperoni and meatballs and at others anchovy! No candles on top please, we don't want the fire brigade called. Grin

It's cupcake day!
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
13 Jun 2019 5:23PM
Well at least Esther McVey's been rejected. Smile
Cephus Plus
14 2.5k England
13 Jun 2019 5:49PM

Quote:Well at least Esther McVey's been rejected. Smile
There is a God.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
14 Jun 2019 5:16PM

Quote:
Quote:Well at least Esther McVey's been rejected. Smile
There is a God.

Not quite. Boris is still blundering around and skirting important issues.
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2019 7:23PM
I'm hoping this time I at least get a vote as opposed to last minute capitulation by one of the last two.....
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2019 8:20PM

Quote: Boris is still blundering around and skirting important issues.

Just signed up for NE hustings... Should be interesting. Well it's a morning out at least.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
14 Jun 2019 10:07PM

Quote:
Quote: Boris is still blundering around and skirting important issues.

Just signed up for NE hustings... Should be interesting. Well it's a morning out at least.

Sounds like fun. Make some waves, Dave. Smile
JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
15 Jun 2019 5:08PM
Smile Smile

I have had a brilliant idea but not quite sure if it will be adopted.

Camera Retailers offering ' deals' that offer cash back.

Instead of the customer paying the full price and claiming back from the manufacture the camera shop should sell at the discounted price and claim the money back for themselves !

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.