PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

The Happy Forum

SlowSong Plus
12 9.1k 30 England
13 Jun 2020 11:44AM

Quote:My rowing machine arrived yesterday, from Germany. 4 days after ordering, unmarked and unused. I assembled it, following the destructions, (yes - I read them!), all within 2 hours and discovered that all the screws and fittings were there.

Damned efficient, those Krauts.

I tried it out this morning and it works well. All I have to do now is lose 2 stones+.

I'd much rather have a rowing machine than a bike, but we don't have to room. I take heart in the fact that I "only" have to lose 1 stone, but that's hard enough. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Bridgelayer 13 713 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2020 3:57PM
The rower folds up and takes up less space than a bike. I had to buy this model as it was the only one in stock that would take my weight. (Now sold out)

(Have a look at the bottom pic where it's folded.)
SlowSong Plus
12 9.1k 30 England
13 Jun 2020 5:51PM

Quote:The rower folds up and takes up less space than a bike. I had to buy this model as it was the only one in stock that would take my weight. (Now sold out)

(Have a look at the bottom pic where it's folded.)

That looks good. But the rowers cost quite a bit more than my bike xid so I'll just see how i get on. Cheers for the link. Smile
13 Jun 2020 7:06PM
Flour... just that Smile
Matthews Cotswold Flour... Smile
altitude50 16 19.3k United Kingdom
13 Jun 2020 8:13PM
Anyone just slightly interested in motorsport or technology should have a quick look at the Le Mans virtual 24 race live on Eurosport 1 now or later, finishes at 3pm our time tomorrow.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.1k 30 England
16 Jun 2020 8:07PM
We took my old mum out today to the supermarket. She was so happy. First time she's been out in 3 months. Smile
KarenFB Plus
14 5.5k 177 England
17 Jun 2020 8:15AM
I know the oldies are champing at the bit, but I heard on the radio this morning they are being asked to stay in until the end of July! Smile (Mum-in-law not pleased, especially when her sister is boasting about where they've been and who they've been meeting!!).
SlowSong Plus
12 9.1k 30 England
17 Jun 2020 12:05PM
Yes, we've got to be careful. I'm not letting her off the leash on her own. As long as I'm with her to keep an eye on things she'll be OK. More than anything, it's given her a bit of relief from the boredom and she gets quite depressed at times, so a little trip out now and again I think is acceptable. Smile
SlowSong Plus
12 9.1k 30 England
18 Jun 2020 5:13PM
Just seen The Red Arrows and Patrouille de France fly right over our house. Unfortunately they didn't have the smoke going, but very impressive nevertheless. Smile
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.4k 7 United Kingdom
18 Jun 2020 5:55PM
Want to be popular with neighbours...... Rent a skip.

Had more knows on the door yesterday than we've had Amazon deliveries over the last 10 weeks... Smile
bricurtis Plus
15 2.3k 50 England
18 Jun 2020 6:21PM

Quote: Had more knows on the door yesterday

Should have used your edit comment option and corrected that.Smile
SlowSong Plus
12 9.1k 30 England
18 Jun 2020 6:31PM

Quote:Want to be popular with neighbours...... Rent a skip.

Had more knows on the door yesterday than we've had Amazon deliveries over the last 10 weeks... Smile

At least your neighbours knock. The skips around our way just seem to fill up overnight with all sorts. We even had a door in ours.
mrswoolybill Plus
13 2.2k 2248 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2020 8:18AM
Hallelujah, I've just managed to book two visits to National Trust properties (grounds only) for next week, Wallington and Gibside. They are making tranches of tickets available on line weekly, on Fridays. The last two weeks we have logged in too late, everything was fully booked. This time after a long wait I've got something. Even (particularly?) if the weather is lousy it will feel like a step back towards normality.
JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
19 Jun 2020 11:19AM

Quote:Hallelujah

Yes, it is so nice to be able to get out to a favourite place again Smile

I am a Wakehurst member and it is so relaxing being able to wander around again.

Still a bit wary of setting up the tripod in the popular areas around the Mansion / Pond but there are still plenty of quieter locations with photo opportunities Smile

In fact I have just booked a 1:30 pm timed entry slot for this afternoon Smile
SlowSong Plus
12 9.1k 30 England
19 Jun 2020 5:24PM
Only had the exercise bike for a week and already I'm up to 5k a day, at an easy-ish pace, and down 5 1/2lb, but I seem to have stalled. I'm not used to this exercise/dieting lark, but I'll keep going. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.