The Happy Forum

saltireblue Plus
10 11.0k 66 Norway
28 Aug 2020 8:24PM
Nextbase is a reliable brand with a very good reputation, so you should be pleased with it.👍
KarenFB Plus
14 5.5k 179 England
28 Aug 2020 8:29PM
I hope so - I shall be trying to put it in the car tomorrow..............watch this space/or the Grumpy Group!!! Grin Grin
KarenFB Plus
14 5.5k 179 England
29 Aug 2020 10:14AM
I've done it!! Grin I watched several YouTube tutorials and thoroughly read the manual, and I did it!! (I was tempted to ask hubby, but then thought 'No!', try first................then ask hubby!! Wink But I didn't need to. Once I started it was simple.

The Nextbase 322GW has a touch screen, so all I had to do was follow the onscreen instructions. Then I stuck the base unit onto the windscreen and hid the wiring around the car trim and into the 'cigarette' lighter. I'm tempted to go for a drive to make sure it all records properly. (Perhaps not, the roads are supposed to be really busy with Bank Holiday visitors).

But, at this very moment, I'm a Happy Bunny! Grin
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
29 Aug 2020 4:42PM
Well spoilt...
After looking at new OMD E-M10 well......

Delivery tomorrow of E-M5 iii with 14-150mm zoom in black. Should be here tomorrow ex Wex.

Must change my profile details too - 'All the gear no Idea' GrinGrin
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2020 5:03PM
Walking along Teesside Barrage area today.... stopped by a Bobbie and I quote
'Have you seen a man with a snake'

We hadn't and continued on until, we reached a gent sat on a bench with a snake around his neck Smile

Certainly keeping people 6ft away so could considered better than a face mask Smile
Lets all get Covid Pythons.
mrswoolybill Plus
13 2.3k 2266 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2020 9:19AM
Back in May, or thereabouts, I put a little story about an ongoing travel insurance claim in the Grumpy Forum. Four months on it has finally been resolved, a payment has apparently been sent to our bank account.

The background - back in March we had to cancel a holiday in Wales. This was before the announcement of lockdown but over 70s had been placed in self-isolation for three months. Payment of the balance was imminent. We had invited guests to join us for the week.

NatWest travel insurance advised that we were covered under quarantine provisions, told us what documents to send, they were sent off immediately and acknowledged.

So all done and dusted? No way. They lost documents, in some cases several times. They demanded three separate, increasingly complicated letters from our guests. They sent us to the bank with a request that the bank staff laughed out of court as it went way beyond their remit. They asked our guests to make a fraudulent claim on their insurance (they hadn't paid anything). They refused to actually read documents, could not add figures up, and then lost the documents yet again. On one occasion they closed the claim without giving us the chance to reply to a request, and it needed a recorded delivery letter to get it reopened. (They allow themselves six weeks to reply to messages). Very nearly six months this dragged on.

Yesterday within a few hours we received two letters by post both saying that they we had not sent the documents, and email notification that the payment has been sent to our bank account. It's 7.40 short of what we are due, but a result. At long b****y last.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.0k 66 Norway
12 Sep 2020 9:35AM
Moira - any satisfaction at finally receiving settlement in this case must be far outweighed by feelings of frustration and irritation at the degree of incompetence displayed by a so-called professional body.
Spend the refund well!Wink
thewilliam2 3 1.5k United Kingdom
12 Sep 2020 1:38PM

Quote:Moira - any satisfaction at finally receiving settlement in this case must be far outweighed by feelings of frustration and irritation at the degree of incompetence displayed by a so-called professional body.
Spend the refund well!Wink

I'd wager that Moira has invested considerably more time than the claim is worth. If the case had gone to Court, she could have claimed for "vexation". Maybe she still can!
mrswoolybill Plus
13 Sep 2020 11:09AM

Quote:Quote:Moira - any satisfaction at finally receiving settlement in this case must be far outweighed by feelings of frustration and irritation at the degree of incompetence displayed by a so-called professional body.
Spend the refund well! Wink

I'd wager that Moira has invested considerably more time than the claim is worth. If the case had gone to Court, she could have claimed for "vexation". Maybe she still can!

Thanks guys. Thewilliam is right, the amount, after deduction of the excess charge, was not great. But they evidently thought they could wear us down, so this became a matter of principle. I have to say that I rather enjoy a good fight... Wink
mrswoolybill Plus
15 Sep 2020 3:00PM

Quote:Back in May, or thereabouts, I put a little story about an ongoing travel insurance claim in the Grumpy Forum. Four months on it has finally been resolved, a payment has apparently been sent to our bank account.

The background - back in March we had to cancel a holiday in Wales. This was before the announcement of lockdown but over 70s had been placed in self-isolation for three months. Payment of the balance was imminent. We had invited guests to join us for the week.

NatWest travel insurance advised that we were covered under quarantine provisions, told us what documents to send, they were sent off immediately and acknowledged.

So all done and dusted? No way. They lost documents, in some cases several times. They demanded three separate, increasingly complicated letters from our guests. They sent us to the bank with a request that the bank staff laughed out of court as it went way beyond their remit. They asked our guests to make a fraudulent claim on their insurance (they hadn't paid anything). They refused to actually read documents, could not add figures up, and then lost the documents yet again. On one occasion they closed the claim without giving us the chance to reply to a request, and it needed a recorded delivery letter to get it reopened. (They allow themselves six weeks to reply to messages). Very nearly six months this dragged on.

Yesterday within a few hours we received two letters by post both saying that they we had not sent the documents, and email notification that the payment has been sent to our bank account. It's 7.40 short of what we are due, but a result. At long b****y last.

A further update, because my previous jubilation was premature. It transpires that a letter in which I had detailed NatWest's mistakes was treated as a complaint, and passed to their Customer Relations people. The payment authorised a few days ago was compensation, and we subsequently received a fulsome letter of apology, upholding the complaint, and detailing a large number ( although not all ) of their mistakes. The compensation was stated as being in addition to settlement of the travel insurance claim, which we were assured would follow.

The Claims people had other ideas. Over the next few days we were bombarded with letters and emails demanding documents that they have already received and acknowledged - around nine messages in total.

Finally Customer Relations arranged for a phone call from Claims this afternoon (you cannot get through to Claims). A lady called Lindsey blustered that they needed a letter from our proposed guests' travel insurance firm confirming that they had no claim.

I said 'You realise that such a letter would be in Norwegian - can you cope with that?'

There was a very long silence. Then the payment was authorised.

I then had the pleasure of taking her through the Customer Relations people's list of her department's mistakes.

God I enjoyed that call! At my age, life's pleasures are limited, but grovelling apologies rate pretty hightly.
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
15 Sep 2020 3:47PM
It's catching on up north
Quote:Walking along Teesside Barrage area today.... stopped by a Bobbie and I quote

We hadn't and continued on until, we reached a gent sat on a bench with a snake around his neck Smile

Certainly keeping people 6ft away so could considered better than a face mask Smile

GrinGrin
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.6k 7 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2020 7:24PM

Quote: It's catching on up north
Quote:Walking along Teesside Barrage area today.... stopped by a Bobbie and I quote

GrinGrin

Coincidences Keith - and I've worked in Swinton (BASF Construction Chemicals for a short period).
SlowSong Plus
12 9.2k 30 England
22 Sep 2020 6:34PM
Have been experimenting with the video on my little Panny TZ100. It's surprisingly good.

It's made me want to look into video a bit more using my Panny GH4 and will be looking for courses to go on when the V has gone. I'm not good at learning from videos themselves, so as soon as we get back to normalish I'll be on the lookout.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.