Get 5% off Loupedeck CT with code: Ephotozine5

The Happy Forum

altitude50 16 20.2k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2020 10:12PM
I don't know, I gave up looking at that point, next time I look it will be a long way down the list.......
KarenFB Plus
14 5.5k 179 England
18 Oct 2020 6:56AM
I've changed from wearing a mask to wearing a face shield - the difference is amazing!!! So much more comfortable! I wear varifocal glasses, so I was forever misting up no matter what I did to them. If I tucked the mask under the bottoms then yes, they didn't mist so badly, but I couldn't actually see!!

Now I'm using a shield, it is comfortable, no misting, I can see AND I feel safe! Wish I'd bought one of these at the start!
JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
18 Oct 2020 8:17AM

Quote:I've changed from wearing a mask to wearing a face shield - the difference is amazing!!! So much more comfortable! I wear varifocal glasses, so I was forever misting up no matter what I did to them. If I tucked the mask under the bottoms then yes, they didn't mist so badly, but I couldn't actually see!!

Now I'm using a shield, it is comfortable, no misting, I can see AND I feel safe! Wish I'd bought one of these at the start!

I was in a pub having lunch on Friday and the waitress was wearing a mask.
She looked comfortable wearing it and for me more pleasant conversing with than someone wearing a mask.

Maybe a shield is the the way to go ?

saltireblue Plus
10 11.1k 68 Norway
18 Oct 2020 8:24AM

Quote:
Quote:I've changed from wearing a mask to wearing a face shield - the difference is amazing!!! So much more comfortable! I wear varifocal glasses, so I was forever misting up no matter what I did to them. If I tucked the mask under the bottoms then yes, they didn't mist so badly, but I couldn't actually see!!

I was in a pub having lunch on Friday and the waitress was wearing a mask.
She looked comfortable wearing it and for me more pleasant conversing with than someone wearing a mask.

Maybe a shield is the the way to go ?

The only problem is that shields don't offer the same level of protection as masks...
KarenFB Plus
14 5.5k 179 England
18 Oct 2020 8:41AM
Really? Surely the virus can't get through the shield, whereas they can with most masks! (Especially the way some people wear them!). I am still keeping my distance from others and washing my hands regularly!
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
18 Oct 2020 9:00AM
Pops right under that shield
18 Oct 2020 9:06AM
.. and out. They offer less protection on their own and if you do wear one then itís recommended you wear a mask also.
KarenFB Plus
14 5.5k 179 England
18 Oct 2020 10:10AM
................I think I'll wander over to the grumpy group! Sad
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.7k 7 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2020 10:33AM

Quote:................I think I'll wander over to the grumpy group! Sad

Don't worry Karen, the face mask offer little real protection. Open at edges allowing air to pass, perhaps less than a shield but still passes.
If I was risk assessing both types to lab standards use I'd bin them as useless, especially when male users have beards and/or stubble.....See you over grumpy group in 5mins WinkSmile

However yes I do, if I absolutely cannot avoid the situation, wear one simple to avoid a potential fine.
18 Oct 2020 10:48AM

made for the American market ... Wink

KarenFB Plus
14 5.5k 179 England
18 Oct 2020 3:08PM
Oh Wow!! That was brilliant (it even mentioned me by name!). Thanks for that, I really needed the giggle! Grin
SlowSong Plus
12 9.3k 30 England
18 Oct 2020 3:15PM
That is so clever! Grin
DaveRyder Plus
6 4.7k 7 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2020 3:42PM
Not a cartoon, the words of Jenny Harries a qualifies respected individual;

"The evidence on face coverings 'is not very strong in either direction', England's deputy chief medical officer has said, leaving Britons confused once again over experts' changing attitudes to masks."

SlowSong Plus
12 9.3k 30 England
18 Oct 2020 3:48PM

Quote:Oh Wow!! That was brilliant (it even mentioned me by name!). Thanks for that, I really needed the giggle! Grin
Unfortunately, a Karen has come to mean something different these days, but I'm sure it's not about you personally. Grin

Karen
Karen is a pejorative term used in the English-speaking world for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.
Grin
18 Oct 2020 4:52PM
This is a good visualisation from an virologist, no one measure alone is enough when it comes to reducing spread of a virus. Different countries seem to be adopting different "layers". For such a worrying time I do find some of this really interesting, I read a superb thread about vaccines the other day.. alot of it went over my head but interesting none the less!

17804_1603036310.jpg

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.