THE NEW GUEST EDITOR THREAD

Attention!

This topic is locked.

pink Plus
16 6.2k 7 United Kingdom
12 Aug 2019 6:44AM
Another week is done, really enjoyed it, viewed all the images and awarded as I saw fit.
I (again) urge others to give it a try, there are only a handful of members that keep this running and Colleen has a constant battle in filling in the calendar.
What have you got to lose? we need some new blood

BTW ; Colleen, I can do another week 2nd week October onwards

Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ColleenA Plus
7 441 6 Australia
12 Aug 2019 7:06AM

Quote:Another week is done, really enjoyed it, viewed all the images and awarded as I saw fit.
I (again) urge others to give it a try, there are only a handful of members that keep this running and Colleen has a constant battle in filling in the calendar.
What have you got to lose? we need some new blood

BTW ; Colleen, I can do another week 2nd week October onwards

Ian

Thanks Ian your constant support is always appreciated
You picked some amazing photos I just want these people who constantly amaze us with their photos offer to be GE for a week.
Iíll put you down for another week.
pamelajean Plus
13 1.3k 2097 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2019 1:04PM
Hi, Colleen.

I see from the schedule that the rota is full up to December, and that's good.
So, I would be happy to do one OR two weeks, either from 9th, 16th, 23rd or 30th December.
You choose.

Pamela.
ColleenA Plus
7 441 6 Australia
19 Sep 2019 1:26PM

Quote:Hi, Colleen.

I see from the schedule that the rota is full up to December, and that's good.
So, I would be happy to do one OR two weeks, either from 9th, 16th, 23rd or 30th December.
You choose. Pamela.

Thanks Pamela youíre a star. Got you down for the two weeks starting 16 th December and ending 29th December
pamelajean Plus
13 1.3k 2097 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2019 7:40PM
Thanks, Colleen, that will be fine.
chase Plus
14 1.3k 276 England
26 Oct 2019 12:42PM
What do you think about having a Guest Editors' Award of the week or GEAOW ?
Would it be possible to arrange with ease ?
Chris_L 6 5.4k United Kingdom
26 Oct 2019 1:28PM
I think it's a bad idea.

You would only need that for guest editors who are dishing out too many awards then leave themselves with no way to separate the cream of the crop.

Some limit themselves to only a couple of outstanding images, perhaps casting normal votes on others they like. They should all do that. We don't have a Highly Commended of the Week or Editors' Choice of the Week.
chase Plus
14 1.3k 276 England
26 Oct 2019 3:03PM

Quote:We don't have a Highly Commended of the Week or Editors' Choice of the Week.

We do have an Editors choice POTW
26 Oct 2019 3:20PM
Isn't that simply called Photo of the Week and is limited to Plus members and the winner gets a memory card? I can't remember it being called "Editors' Choice Picture of the Week"
chase Plus
14 1.3k 276 England
26 Oct 2019 3:50PM
Don't think it's limited to plus members Chris, it's just Photo of the Week picked from the Editors choices from that week.
Yep, winner gets a memory card, it used to be a canvas print.
saltireblue Plus
9 10.1k 41 Norway
26 Oct 2019 6:26PM

Quote:What do you think about having a Guest Editors' Award of the week or GEAOW ?
Would it be possible to arrange with ease ?

I feel what is more important is to find a way of encouraging more people to do a week as GE. As it is at the moment, there is a very limited group of members who seem to be doing all the weeks.

The site could, for example, tempt non-Plus members with one month of 4 UAs a day if they do a week, and I1m sure a similar carrot could be found to tempt Plus members to participate.
chase Plus
14 1.3k 276 England
26 Oct 2019 7:00PM

Quote:The site could, for example, tempt non-Plus members with one month of 4 UAs a day if they do a week, and I'm sure a similar carrot could be found to tempt Plus members to participate.

That's a good idea Malc
clicknimagine Plus
10 473 96 India
26 Oct 2019 7:29PM
A panel of regular Guest Editors and a consensus or majority of opinion to distribute the Award would be better suited, i am afraid to say, if no new members show interest in it...

27 Oct 2019 12:22AM
Suggested this to admin before but nothing happened. You need to start a new Guest Editor thread, people who previously hid it might now be interested, even if you only get one more person it costs nothing to create the new thread. You also need to invite award winners to be guest editors. A lot of users don't visit the forum. Those type of invites could be automated when the award is given there could be a message or link "Would you like to be a Guest Editor yourself? Click here" etc
saltireblue Plus
9 10.1k 41 Norway
27 Oct 2019 7:12AM

Quote:You also need to invite award winners to be guest editors. A lot of users don't visit the forum

Colleen does contact award-winners with that question, but making it an automated action is a good idea.