GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

THE NEW GUEST EDITOR THREAD

SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
4 Jan 2016 8:31AM
Well that was an enjoyable week. Smile Yet again I found a few new photographers that I hadn't noticed before. Well done Keith for keeping on top of the GEs, and lets hope lots more have a go during 2016.
xxx

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nigeyboy 11 927 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2016 12:31PM
I'd be happy to fill a week again if you need me - really enjoyed it last time!
ValSaxby Plus
14 146 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2016 6:41PM
happy to do another week - just let me know when
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
25 Jan 2016 7:11PM
Will be GEing on Thursday evening, guys. Will PM you both and sort some weeks out.

Cheers
25 Jan 2016 7:14PM
It's me this week - so just to let you know I'm there and havent forgotten ! GrinGrin
I propose to view and make some awards each day, then to review the week at the end and top up if it seems appropriate.
I mention this because I had seen a comment suggesting a guest editor should wait to the end of the week before making any choices - I dont agree..
25 Jan 2016 8:38PM
That's fine. No rules on when you award them.

If at all. 😇
DaveRyder Plus
5 3.4k 1 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2016 7:01AM
Start of my week....
Just checked schedule and there's no more nominated GEs' after this week.

Don't let me be the last one.
1 Feb 2016 8:07AM
Three in line to add but many more needed.
PhilT2 Plus
9 513 29 England
1 Feb 2016 9:12AM
I am happy to volunteer as I always view every shot anyway and have no specific genres that I favour over others. I am unavailable for May and October but any other time should be fine.
1 Feb 2016 6:31PM
OK - here we go with an update. If you see your name and think "There's no way I'm being GE on *Honeymoon* *During my open heart surgery* *for love or money* - then just let me know and we'll re-arrange a more suitable date for your ordeal...sorry....week.

15th February - Nigel (NigeyBoy)
22nd February - ValSaxby
29th February - Phil (PhilT2)

To anybody thinking what is this GE thing anyway -

Anyone can volunteer to be a Guest Editor (GE), regardless of age, experience or length of time as a member. All we ask is that for one week you view all the photographs uploaded to the gallery and give due consideration as to whether it gets your award. We are looking for photos that in your view are of such outstanding quality that they deserve the GE Award and feature in the Awarded Photos Gallery. It might be that the photographer has captured the perfect light on a superbly composed and exposed landscape, perhaps its a portrait that gives you an insight into the subjects personality, it might even be that although lacking in technical perfection, the image is of such importance as a piece of journalism that it deserves some recognition or maybe the photo is so innovative in its concept that in your view it should be awarded. The genres and reasons are too many to list, but as long as you can standby your decision, then that decision is yours to make.

You can view the Guest Editor Schedule by clicking here should you wish to volunteer or see who is coming up.
Remember, this is the only featured award still given by an individual and as such we shouldn't let it disappear.
PhilT2 Plus
9 513 29 England
2 Feb 2016 8:49AM
HI Keith........happy to do week starting 29th Feb. However, having not done this before I am not sure how it works. Do I just award in the same way as I would my user award and use the shortlist in the same way?
Is the number of awards different or the same as currently allowed (4 per day max)?
2 Feb 2016 9:24AM
The Guest Award appears under the same menu as your user award but you have no limit to how many. All we ask is that they are in your opinion the absolute best in their genre. You can give none or a hundred..

You can use your short list and still give your own user awards as well. For a week you'll be the EPZ equivalent of a Jhedi Master.
PhilT2 Plus
9 513 29 England
2 Feb 2016 10:22AM
Thank you Keith.........I promise to uphold the standards of EPZ to the best of my ability WinkWinkWink
2 Feb 2016 5:37PM
Here's the updated schedule.....

14570_1454434635.jpg

You might notice that we have no-one from the second week of March onwards, so let's see those hands raised up in the air please; nice and straight.
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
2 Feb 2016 7:40PM
Put me down for whatever's convenient for you.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.