Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

The Photography Show

sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
15 Mar 2019 7:03PM
Well itís given weather that isnít fit for ducks tomorrow so Iíve decided to take the train down to the NEC and have a mooch about the stands at the Photography Show. Itís a pity I hadnít decided to do this earlier in the week as the discount vouchers all expired on the 13th March (bugger!).

Anyway, if anyoneís heading down there and fancies meeting up for a brew and natter then please PM me.

Adam

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
15 Mar 2019 7:29PM
I only go if I intend buying something but not planning to buy anything this time so not attending. Enjoy yourself!

Dave
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
15 Mar 2019 7:31PM
Last time I went it cost me nearly £1,000. Happy with what I've got now, although I would have liked to have seen Martin Parr.
sherlob Plus
15 Mar 2019 7:39PM
TBH I wasnít going this year as Iím in a similar boat. Still Iíd like to have a mooch at some the alternatives to Lee filters as mine (after many years of service) are getting a little done for. It has been a very period at work, my wife is working and the weather is foul so a self indulgent day wandering around the stalls is a bonus.
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
15 Mar 2019 10:23PM

Quote:to have a mooch at some the alternatives to Lee filters as mine

Maybe stop by the LEE stand to see their new innovative product, which is being launched at the show, and let us know what you think of it.

Apparently it is a new 100mm filter holder system
dark_lord Plus
15 2.3k 591 England
16 Mar 2019 9:21AM
I will be heading there but on Monday.
Mostly for the talks and demos as I don't intend to buy anything (big).
IanYorke 6 22 United Kingdom
16 Mar 2019 5:17PM
Some interesting prices at the show, examples:

Olympus EM1-ii - £1,099
Panasonic G9 body plus Grip - £849
sherlob Plus
16 Mar 2019 6:26PM
Umm. Many of the stands are offering the same discount. That said with a little negotiation a better deal still can perhaps be negotiated - albeit the deals are still pretty good imho
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
16 Mar 2019 10:23PM

Quote:Many of the stands are offering the same discount

I suspect retailers do not do deals anymore, just passing on the promotions they get from manufacturers !
sherlob Plus
16 Mar 2019 10:43PM
Quite. By the way, I looked at the Lee stand and the innovation is a new holder. I can see some to it, but for me itís not worth paying the extra lay out for.
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
17 Mar 2019 7:56AM

Quote:I can see some to it, but for me itís not worth paying the extra lay out for.

That was my thought, it would cost me about £125 to upgrade..... the holder plus the polarising ring. ( I already have the round landscape circular polariser )

If I was starting out it does appear to be a big improvement, not having to line up and screw in the filter slots onto the holder for a start !

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.