30-Day FREE Amazon Prime Trial - Get Ready For Prime Day 2021

The post in the news section


jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
4 Jun 2007 11:12PM
This is a question for Pete and the rest of the EPZ team. I have just read with utter disgust about the girl on Fliker who has had her photo stolen and used on a porn DVD cover.
My question is if that was to happen to a member on here either free or E2 member, would EPZ back that person if they sought to take legal action against the thief?
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
5 Jun 2007 12:21AM
We take all copyright theft seriously and would help with investigations by providing any necessary evidence that we had from our records.
Brom 16 804 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2007 11:38AM
would you take action yourself should the epz member be unable to for whatever reason?
jazzygf 17 537 Scotland
5 Jun 2007 11:38AM
cheers for that Pete. It is good to know that at least this website would look after it's members unlike yahoo/flicker, as they seam to not be interested in that case
MeanGreeny 15 3.7k England
5 Jun 2007 11:50AM

Quote:Would you take action yourself should the epz member be unable to for whatever reason?


Why would he do that for something he doesn't own the copyright of ?
Brom 16 804 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2007 12:05PM
i meant in support of the epz member. as has been proved by the current cases they could not bring things forward because of the costs involved. It would send one hell of a message to potential thieves that EPZ would take action to stop that sort of abuse of its website.
timiano 17 894 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2007 12:21PM
With a user base such as Flickr, I can't understand why 'Lara Jade' didn't setup a campaign, asking to donate $1. She'd have the cash in no time.
MeanGreeny 15 3.7k England
5 Jun 2007 12:22PM

Quote:I meant in support of the epz member. as has been proved by the current cases they could not bring things forward because of the costs involved. It would send one hell of a message to potential thieves that EPZ would take action to stop that sort of abuse of its website.



Quote:We take all copyright theft seriously and would help with investigations by providing any necessary evidence that we had from our records.


I think that pre-dates your question

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.