Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

The return of the EC

macdaniel Plus
13 16 3 Netherlands
3 Aug 2009 2:52PM
oooh, I thought I joined a club, not a private company,haha. Now I can hear someone thinking, what's the diffrence between them in structure? CB, I do share your view that democracy and election stuff and especially the aftermath of election stuff is a dubious phenomenon but as you said cb, than we drift off to politics!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT 13 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2009 3:01PM
Alfred...you are arguing for arguments sake.

The system was changed to give Pete some relief from his work load and to aid his recovery from illness. The PA Team was born with a few kicks and screams and now that the time is right the EDITOR...that being Pete ..is once again making the EDITORS CHOICE awards.

Its very simple really.

Its his business....he makes the decisions...he and the management has the final say....EPZ is not a democracy where everyone can make demands. thats not to say that the team don't appreciate some suggestions.

If you subscribed to a Photography Mag I doubt very much if you would be phoning up the editor and telling him how to run his business.

...and just to add....I suspect Pete has better things to do than join in this argument thats all been said before...he's probably busy doing his job.

Edit: sorry not argument...banter Wink
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
3 Aug 2009 3:23PM

Quote:I don't like the system that one person is solely authorized or responsible for awarding images.

Several didn't - that's when we listened to those complaints and created an alternative...the RC (Readers Choice).
macdaniel Plus
13 16 3 Netherlands
3 Aug 2009 3:24PM
hi cathy, I don't feel I am arguing per se, just forwarding a different opinion, I thought PAT was devised for more objectivity, not for a personal reason. It seems I have attached my own personal meaning to the concept of Premiere Award.
And it strange that someone who started a discussion - or as you prefer to say now developed into a bantering exercice - walks away half way, but as said I do understand him and respect him and his choices but not that one, aaarghhh what this topic is about. Maybe my perception of Pete is too personal, a co-enthusiast for photography, and I can better approach him as a director-general and with the "servile" respect asscociated to a person at the top. So, this is a company, hey.
Conrad: ezine is that a suffix something denoting something like Ltd.
Carabosse 16 41.2k 270 England
3 Aug 2009 3:26PM

Quote:I thought I joined a club, not a private company

It is not a club, it is a commercial enterprise (Magezine Publishing Ltd).

Pete bends over backwards, more so than any paper magazine editor would, to listen to his customers (even the ones who do not contribute financially) but ultimately it is his business and, like any company chief, he has final say.

It really is that simple.... not rocket science! Wink

Quote:It seems I have attached my own personal meaning to the concept of Premiere Award.

Maybe so. It was an emergency measure. Thankfully Pete has recovered well from his heart attack and is able take back the reins, so to speak.
Coleslaw 14 13.4k 28 Wales
3 Aug 2009 3:28PM
Is he GMR's twin brother?
Can someone please lock them together so they can argue among themselves?
Wink
macdaniel Plus
13 16 3 Netherlands
3 Aug 2009 3:29PM
hi pete, thanks for taking part again - knew you would follow the bantering of course; RC, a nice addition, but has soo much to do with networking and flattery and not with site-recognition; I liked the way you introduced the concept of the human factor with respect to the RC; this in the thread that developed as to why Bread&Shutter "hide" his pf and left everyone in confusion as to why.
3 Aug 2009 3:30PM

Quote:ezine is that a suffix something denoting something like Ltd.

....a magazine...but on the internet.
3 Aug 2009 3:32PM

Quote:RC, a nice addition, but has soo much to do with networking and flattery and not with site-recognition

Perhaps you prefer the USER AWARD???

Your own personal choice to award as YOU see fit.
conrad 15 10.9k 116
3 Aug 2009 3:36PM

Quote:Quote:ezine is that a suffix something denoting something like Ltd.....a magazine...but on the internet.

Exactly. Short for "electronic magazine".
macdaniel Plus
13 16 3 Netherlands
3 Aug 2009 3:36PM

Quote:Quote:ezine is that a suffix something denoting something like Ltd.....a magazine...but on the internet.

thanks cathy, always thought that bloody e was a spelling mistake, but it is the e of email, ebay ...... stupid of me to not have discovered myself; thanks!
Goggz 12 2.3k 72 Wales
7 Aug 2009 10:37PM
Well, I'm glad that you're back in the driving seat Pete, but like anyone who has had a near-miss, I suspect you will be driving with a little more care from now on Wink

And, despite my mediocre performance during the PA era (and before come to that) I add my thanks to the team who pulled together and helped out in our time of need.

Right, now I'm off to read up on Dragan & HDR Tongue
fotodayz 11 179 1 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2009 9:31AM
Yes I'm glad you are back as well but do take it slowly....maybe I'll try and submit higher standard work now

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.