Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

The secret to good photos

fauxtography 15 6.6k 36
19 Jul 2006 9:42PM
i thought "editing" made bad photos?... oh wait wrong thread....

Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

spaceman 16 5.3k 3 Wales
19 Jul 2006 11:23PM

Quote:There was a TV documentary a couple of years ago on Rankin, although I think it was on BBC 4 so I was probably the only person who watched it!

He said he took about 10,000 photographs each year and probably only got about a dozen he was really satisfied with. Seriously below par I reckon.

Yes.
22 Jul 2006 3:27AM
Another interesting thread which seems to have strayed somewhat from the original theme of editing. I can easily take in excess of 500 in a day but usually hover around the 100/150 mark. Some are rubbish (poor focus, accidental shots of my feet etc.) and a fair percentage are, at first glance, fairly ordinary. Apart from the rubbish, though, I never discard a photo out of hand because it is quite surprising how an ordinary photo can be made into a thing of beauty by some judicious editing. Things like replacing a sky, cloning out distractions, straightening horizons, increasing saturation, cropping to another format etc. etc. can all contribute and it is immensely satisfying to see how one's "ordinary" stuff can become something special. Of course, it helps that I have the time available to do things like this!
Peter
User_Removed 15 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2006 8:49AM

Quote:the secret to good photos

Simple I would have thought - it's being in the right place at the right time, and having all your gear set up and ready of course Smile
superphil 13 160
22 Jul 2006 4:19PM
oh dear the secrets out now Wink lol

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.