Prime Day 2020: Get An Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial

The ten challenges of the Zen Tog

sidaorb 14 3.9k 2 England
7 Feb 2008 11:11AM
Paul,

What a fantastic list of suggestions.......I'm so impressed I'm gonna copy it into a word document and do the lot myself, theres roughly 12 there so thats one a month Smile

Or how about setting each of those as a monthly challenge for the whole site, think the results will be awesome Smile

Carl
Tooth 15 5.8k 227 Ireland
7 Feb 2008 11:13AM
even photographing the inside of a petrol tank? Smile
joolsb 15 27.1k 38 Switzerland
7 Feb 2008 12:58PM
That's a very inflammatory remark, Stephen...
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
7 Feb 2008 1:08PM
Great list Paul. Could anyone who's going to attempt any one of these upload a text pic (just like we do in the Monday night one hour challenge) to the Challenge gallery area, thus throwing down the gauntlet! Then everyone else who wants to have a go can upload in the best place.

If you do add one to the challenge area please say so in this thread.

This could be a great way to bring the challenge gallery to life.
dontforgetme 16 1.7k 7 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2008 1:34PM
Get a picture from onboard the London eye, with a pro spec camera without permission!
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
7 Feb 2008 1:45PM
Pro spec, in the eyes of Eye jobsworths, being anything from a Canon 300D upwards! Especially if it has a grip attached and a longish lens! Lol! Wink
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
7 Feb 2008 2:18PM
the list is growing, I will have to short list the options after the weekend and decide on the final 10 , so keep sending them in

some good ideas, some plain wacky ones the abatoir for example, also the mountain top pic, anybody got a spare helicoptor or it would be a dead zentog with my state of health by the time I got to the top !!
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
7 Feb 2008 2:19PM

Quote:Great list Paul. Could anyone who's going to attempt any one of these upload a text pic (just like we do in the Monday night one hour challenge) to the Challenge gallery area, thus throwing down the gauntlet! Then everyone else who wants to have a go can upload in the best place.

hang on pete the ten best ones are for me , any others can be donated free to the challange gallery !!!
7 Feb 2008 2:45PM

Quote:Great list Paul. Could anyone who's going to attempt any one of these upload a text pic (just like we do in the Monday night one hour challenge) to the Challenge gallery area, thus throwing down the gauntlet! Then everyone else who wants to have a go can upload in the best place.

Pete,

Can I suggest you start a new thread purely for the links to the challenges to be entered in, no discussions, just the title of the challenge, what the challenge is supposed to be and a link to the text shot.

Also use that pin thing to keep it at the top of the challenge forum Smile

I'm looking forward to this, have a few ideas already Smile
7 Feb 2008 3:33PM

Quote:
Choose a tune from a band and come up with a fitting album/cd cover, see if the viewer can quickly guess the song and leave a comment of who they think the artist/band are.

This is such a great idea that I'm gonna do a whole section on my website once I've put a few together, stuck in the office at the moment, but my creative juices are flowing and I doing a list Smile
mattw 16 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2008 4:18PM

Quote:Choose a tune from a band and come up with a fitting album/cd cover, see if the viewer can quickly guess the song and leave a comment of who they think the artist/band are.
We actually did something similar in my old camera club once. Competition theme was 'song title'. We entered the images, and the judge would then try to guess the title of the song.

One memorable entry was a photoshop composite of two images - a waterfall and a lavatory. The Song title? "Waterloo" Smile
Hugeknot 15 1.2k 2 Iceland
7 Feb 2008 11:15PM
How about a set of sideburns and a huge moustache... underwater and full of tiny bubbles?

And it is not allowed to be a self portrait.
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
8 Feb 2008 9:59AM
lol at above poster, I dont have massive side burns and only a small moustache , but a CONTENDER for the list for sure !!

actually theres a lot of women down here with those features so it could be man or woman underwater
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
8 Feb 2008 10:19AM
Had a look at the pic of you in the field.

So how about this as a challenge.

A photo essay of a town centre streaker, sounds mad but its all above board Smile

here

The way these TV programs end up, you never know, you could end up a local celebrity down there in Cornwall, imagin all those extra booking`s you could be getting from crazed redheads Smile
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
8 Feb 2008 4:15PM
lol town centre streaker that would be fun, but outside summer time it would hardly be noticed,

but it may yet be contender , we will have to look for volounteers fot the streak male or female, or even a mass streak hehehehe

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.