Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

The times they are a changing

CaptivePhotons 17 1.7k 2 England
10 Aug 2014 9:39AM
I used to have to walk to school and was lucky to get a bus. Kids these day don't know they've got it made.

6-capture.jpg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeA 15 1.3k England
10 Aug 2014 9:56AM
So by your own admission you caught a bus to school,no differnt from the "kids of today", I walked to school every day from start to finish, no bus for me Grin
saltireblue Plus
10 10.8k 62 Norway
10 Aug 2014 10:16AM
So, the parents were given a rocket, in other words.Smile
NikonNovice 13 107 1 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2014 10:33AM
Make them all walk. The savings from not supplying busses could pay to lock up the pedos and this would ensure kids were safer to enjoy more outdoor activities.
robthecamman 8 1.7k United Kingdom
10 Aug 2014 10:47AM
haaa here we go
karl Plus
16 654 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2014 10:48AM
Walking is not an option for a lot of children - from here to the nearest secondary school is 3.8-4.0 miles, the shortest route having no pavements for 90% of it. Similarly when I went to school it was 6.5 miles, again 90% of it with no pavements on country roads.

Quote:Make them all walk. The savings from not supplying busses could pay to lock up the pedos and this would ensure kids were safer to enjoy more outdoor activities.

Yes, because there's one lurking on every street corner. I thought this was EPZ not the Daily Mail.

I'd wager there is no more or no less of a problem than there has always been (not that this makes it right in any way, shape or form), just that the media stir things up in to a frenzy when something is reported - quite often when it isn't even proved and turns out to be falsely reported, they then print a tiny apology on page 23 which no one sees so they are left with the impression that it's all true.
adrian_w Plus
12 3.8k 4 England
10 Aug 2014 11:36AM
Depends on how far away the school was, though I must admit I think it was an excessive distance if they had to catch a rocket to get there. Even in rural Sussex ther must be one nearer. Smile

Unless of course the kids were missing school because the parents were taking them on holiday in term time.
petebfrance 8 2.9k France
10 Aug 2014 11:58AM
Rockets? Luxury!
We were so poor that my brother and I used to hop to school because we only had one pair of shoes in the houseSadSadSadSadSadSadWink
Ross_D 6 841 1 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2014 4:07PM

Quote:We were so poor that my brother and I used to hop to school because we only had one pair of shoes in the house

Don't tell me; 'There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road'
RogBrown 13 3.1k 10 England
10 Aug 2014 10:42PM
We got evicted from our shoebox.
Kurt42 17 2.9k 1 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2014 11:27PM
We used to live in a pond but had to move to a terrace (called a ditch) when dad lost his job.
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
11 Aug 2014 7:28AM
We got attacked by bullies walking to school, then they went after our families.
hobbo Plus
9 1.6k 3 England
11 Aug 2014 9:06AM
Im my day, our walk to school was so long we got there just in time to here the going home bell........then we had to walk home :-(

Hobbo

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.