Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

This is a step too far....and should be stopped ASAP

hobbo Plus
8 1.3k 2 England
22 Sep 2019 6:46PM
It was reported today that Warwickshire Junior Schools have just rolled out new ....well-being/sex education sessions, during which junior-age pupils will be encouraged to explore the thoughts of...pleasuring themselves..... nicely put as tickling or stroking any part of ones own body for pleasure ...including genital areas...... and this...during class discussion.

This, to me..... a parent and long time grandparent smacks of....devious/official Grooming.....totally uncalled for, and unnecessary ..... there has been far too much innocence snatched from children already, and this is a step too far......the very thought makes me feel ....Sick at Heart.

What do others think?

Google the subject, so you are fully informed.

Hobbo

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.8k 36 Norway
22 Sep 2019 7:44PM
My feeling is - and has been for quite a few years now - that more and more responsibility for teaching our children subjects that are not, and have not been, 'typical' school subjects, are being pushed onto the education system, instead of remaining where they belong, in the family home. This is just the latest subject that has been taken away from parents and given to an already overworked education system...
Big Bri 18 16.5k United Kingdom
23 Sep 2019 9:10AM
Where did you read that ?
gcarth Plus
15 3.2k 1 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2019 9:31AM

Quote:What do others think?
I think the subject should only be mentioned in passing as part of the normal sex lessons but only to reassure children that it's o.k. and not a sin. No more discussion should be required.

I would expect a lot of parents to get very angry about this school's policy.
23 Sep 2019 9:41AM

Quote:and not a sin

but it is a sin.
23 Sep 2019 10:03AM
The top ‘report’ for that has The Sun as the source.
You say google and educate yourself but you don’t appear to have done the same.
The programme is much wider than you suggest.
All about Me

Quote:The programme is evidence-based, using the latest research and guidance, including ‘International technical guidance on sexuality education: an evidence-informed approach’ (UNESCO, 2018) and ‘12 Key Points for Good Quality RSE’ (Sex Education Forums, 2018)

thewilliam2 2 1.3k
23 Sep 2019 10:22AM
A few years back, we had to photograph a particularly horrible and dreadfully behaved toddler in our studio. The mother made an interesting comment "I'll be glad when he starts school because they'll teach him some discipline". I wanted to point out that discipline should start at home and many habits are already set in stone by the time kids start school but my wife stopped me. Remember the Jesuit boast "give us a child until the age of 5 and it'll be ours for life"?

So often these days, parents don't bother to do much in the way of parenting. Then when the horrible kids reach school, they "have rights" and so the school isn't able to do much about their dreadful behaviour.
gcarth Plus
15 3.2k 1 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2019 10:35AM

Quote:

but it is a sin.

I hope you are joking!
hobbo Plus
8 1.3k 2 England
23 Sep 2019 10:36AM

Quote:The top ‘report’ for that has The Sun as the source.
You say google and educate yourself but you don’t appear to have done the same.
The programme is much wider than you suggest.
All about Me

Quote:The programme is evidence-based, using the latest research and guidance, including ‘International technical guidance on sexuality education: an evidence-informed approach’ (UNESCO, 2018) and ‘12 Key Points for Good Quality RSE’ (Sex Education Forums, 2018)

That doesn’t make , that particular section of the program right, or proper for a 10-12 year old pupil.... ok I’m old.....very old.... but girls during my childhood were still skipping, playing with dolls and dressing up back then.... innocence was retained.....as it should be..........the touching part of the evidence based program is MANY steps TOO FAR.

23 Sep 2019 10:37AM

Quote:I hope you are joking!

No, why would you say that ?
thewilliam2 2 1.3k
23 Sep 2019 10:37AM

Quote:

but it is a sin.

Please give a reference from the Bible, Torah, Koran or other holy book.
gcarth Plus
15 3.2k 1 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2019 10:42AM

Quote:No, why would you say that ?
Because it is doing nobody any harm.
23 Sep 2019 11:07AM

Quote:Please give a reference from the Bible, Torah, Koran or other holy book.

Don't need to, the church says it's a sin.

gcarth Plus
15 3.2k 1 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2019 11:14AM

Quote:So often these days, parents don't bother to do much in the way of parenting. Then when the horrible kids reach school, they "have rights" and so the school isn't able to do much about their dreadful behaviour.
Yes. I think being a teacher must be one hell of a difficult job nowadays.
As so many teachers are leaving the profession, I think it is about time that the government addressed the problem.
OFSTED, with their Gestapo like attitude to schools that they deem do not to perform, don't help (Of course, the tyranny of OFSTED should be reserved for another thread).
gcarth Plus
15 3.2k 1 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2019 11:26AM

Quote:Don't need to, the church says it's a sin.

Oh, Big Bri, this needs a new thread where everyone can discuss why something is a sin just because the church says so.
I'm an atheist but I still have a strong sense of what is right and wrong (even if I'm hardly perfect) but I believe sin is only sin when your conscience tells you it is wrong and you are hurting someone else - being generally malicious.Smile

I'd better warn everyone here that I may start a new thread (yes, yet another oneSad) on Existentialism because Existentialists are essentially atheists and the topic of sin can be nicely covered there.SmileSadWink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.