Three cheers fo Aneurin Bevan.

Canonshots 7 189 13 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2018 10:00PM
I am probably not going to be very active on the site for a while. Last Friday i had a stroke - a full-blown one, not a mini-stroke. My wife called the ambulance and the treatment I got could not possibly be faulted. I was operated on to remove the clot and I can now move about OK and speak normally, but I have to avoid any sort of exercise for he next few weeks, so I won't be going out with the camera.

I was quite worried while i was in the ambulance. I was fully expecting to end up crippled, but I am not. I am more than pleased with the way the NHS dealt with me and I have said so on the CQC website.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog Plus
9 5.2k 58 United Kingdom
12 Sep 2018 10:35PM
Its super to hear of how good the NHS can be, and glad to hear you are making such a good recovery - wishing you a speedy recovery and a full reunion with your camera when you can. Stuart.
sherlob Plus
12 3.0k 129 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2018 12:56AM
Glad to hear you are on the mend - take care of yourself and allow yourself the time needed to heal.

Adam
bluesandtwos 8 340 1 England
13 Sep 2018 8:00AM
Pleased to hear you're on the mend! The NHS is a great asset, one that needs preserving.

Dave
cats_123 Plus
14 4.9k 28 Northern Ireland
13 Sep 2018 8:48AM
Speedy recovery 😀
13 Sep 2018 11:32AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

My wife is disabled and she has been in and out of hospital all her life. She has seen the NHS change over the years and not always for the better but she acknowledges that she wouldn't be alive today without them.

In many other countries you need health insurance or you are faced with huge bills. In Italy, where i am from originally, you get free health support only if you can't afford it. Otherwise you are facing huge bills.

NHS is a great asset to this country. I hope and pray that we don't lose it.
dark_lord Plus
14 2.2k 547 England
13 Sep 2018 9:21PM
Hope your recovery goes well. The desire to get out with your camera should spur you on. Having a hobby like ours should be viewed as therapeutic.

The nights are drawing in too, so maybe a good time to practice some still life shots.
Big Bri 17 16.4k United Kingdom
14 Sep 2018 8:53AM
We only seem to hear about the NHS in the news when something has gone wrong. I was in hospital last week to see a consultant and was then sent for blood tests, and the number of people they were dealing with was quite astounding. To go as a "low priority" patient (no appointment, no need to get to another appointment immediately afterwards) I was seen pretty quickly by a fleb... pleb... phlobi... nurse who sorted me out while having a nice chat and with a huge smile.
Let's hope the Tories don't succeed in selling it off to the yanks.

Hope your recovery is swift and full.
brian1208 Plus
15 11.5k 12 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2018 7:34PM
the NHS saved my life in the early '60s, rebuilt my knee in the early '90s (a result of the earlier incident) coped with all our children's accidents and ailments and now my wife and I are in our late 70s continue to provide an incredible service, we have yet to have a problem (and have had the same great experience of the NHS in three separate regions in the country during our lifetime)

Nothing but praise from us (they even trained and provided me with my own nurse, my lovely wife Wink )
Canonshots 7 189 13 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2018 10:55AM
Thanks, all of you, for your good wishes. I am still getting better and hopefully I will have no permanent effects apart from being on a statin and a blood-thinning drug for the rest of my life.
brian1208 Plus
15 11.5k 12 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2018 7:32PM
hope all progresses well, if they put you on Clopidogrel and you start suffering muscle wasting / pain get them to check whether that is the cause.

I was on it for several years before it affected me and it took 3 years of increasing problems (not least having to sell most of my gear because it all became too heavy for me to use) before they found out that that was the culprit.

(the good news was that the effects were largely reversible when they took me off it)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.