Three seconds of your life!

muzzeyman 15 293 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2011 9:48PM
Voted!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fraser 15 631 14 Scotland
24 May 2011 12:21PM
FOund this on one of my old email accounts (sent 21st April):

"Dear Fraser

Unfortunately it has come to our attention that some entrants have been using unfair voting practices to improve their position in The Macallan Masters of Photography Masterclass competition.

As stated clearly on the website, we are constantly monitoring the voting to ensure that everyone has the same opportunity to gain support and votes. Unfortunately a minority of people have been enhancing their number of votes by using multiple voting techniques, which are contrary to the competition rules and do not reflect a genuine level of support.

In order to rectify this situation, we will be adjusting the votes on those entries where we know these rules have been breached. This will ensure that ALL voting is fair and no one entry can benefit from inappropriate voting practices.

We apologise to all entrants that this has happened and want to ensure you that we are continually monitoring the voting system to ensure it will not be abused again.

The Macallan team"
Coleslaw 14 13.4k 28 Wales
24 May 2011 12:26PM
Oh dear......I bet Pete is getting twitchy now....LOL
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
24 May 2011 12:27PM
yes I got that. It made a huge change...mine suddenly became 11th (now 10th)...some of the suspect ones dropped down completely.

I don't want anyone to vote on my picture any more. That's why I've been very quiet. it's part two of the experiment.

Quote:Oh dear......I bet Pete is getting twitchy now....LOL

As long as members only voted once as requested I had no reason to be concerned I was following the correct process for this. Luckily most did as requested so it didn't affect my score. I still doubt that the winning picture really has nearly 2000 genuine votes!
fraser 15 631 14 Scotland
24 May 2011 1:31PM
Your standing at tenth at the moment Pete.

Oops, sorry you've already said that.
User_Removed 9 4.6k 1 Scotland
24 May 2011 2:16PM
As I said before:

Quote:How could anyone think this is not fair.

The person with the most clicks wins. End of.

(PS - why do you have to upload a photograph to enter?)

But what really disturbs me is that one of those pseudo comps is being sponsored by one of my favourite single malt whiskies. Don't these numpties realise that being associated with a scam like this brings their own product into disrepute?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.