The Totally Tamron Website Is Back! Visit Today For All Things Tamron

Tidier Last Modified

Carabosse 16 41.4k 270 England
18 Feb 2012 7:24PM
I can sort of see the reasons in favour, but perhaps the time limit for genuine typos etc could be reduced, say to 3mins, and then we can ditch it?

If you quote someone's post, this is unaffected by any hasty rewriting of history! Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

macroman 16 15.3k England
18 Feb 2012 8:01PM
GrinGrinGrinGrin Why can't we have a 24 hour 'EDIT' period?

I sometimes need it!!

saltireblue Plus
9 10.1k 45 Norway
18 Feb 2012 8:12PM

Quote:GrinGrinGrinGrin Why can't we have a 24 hour 'EDIT' period?

I sometimes need it!!

The problem is that unscrupulous people post something which then gets answered and an arguement develops, and eventually the OP goes back and completely re-writes what he/she originally posted, thus making the 'opposing' posters look like idiots for arguing/discussing something that "was never said", and inevitably the OP denies ever having posted.

I know from experience as a mod on another forum.
19 Feb 2012 5:12AM
Well a 3 minute window should be OK for genuine amendments and it is unlikely to allow for 'unscrupulousness' (Lol! Grin)

We never used to have the "Last Modified" thing.... I think it came in with v.5 for the EPZ software. IMO, it should be ditched.
Maddie 14 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2012 6:39AM
In the days when the forum wizzed along at break neck speed, a lot of ...ahem..fun could be had with the edit.
Wink
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2012 10:26AM

Quote:We never used to have the "Last Modified" thing.... I think it came in with v.5 for the EPZ software. IMO, it should be ditched.

and as Maddie points out we used to get a lot of people mucking about with the edit.

Also I have often gone to reply to a post, but when I look again it has changed from what I thought they said and seeing that they modified it saves me going even more mental than I already am.
19 Feb 2012 5:45PM
I think we used to allow about 10mins for edits and that's what, in part, led to the history rewriting. Now, I think it's about 5 mins. So if that were reduced to 3 mins, I honestly don't think it would be a problem.

And, as I have said, if you quote someone's post that doesn't get rewritten anyway.
User_Removed 16 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2012 5:54PM
On other forums if you post, then edit, they won't show you've modified your post unless there have been replies in the meantime. There's no need to.

If ePz could implement that, great? Even more white space before Last Modified would be great.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.