Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Tobacco Grad in photoshop

Spike68 15 5
29 Mar 2006 12:18AM
Hi guys

I am pretty new to Photoshop editing and I have a photo which would look great with a tobacco grad added to it.

Anyone know how I can do this in Photoshop?

mat.
RichardB 17 328 United Kingdom
29 Mar 2006 12:22AM
Curves adjustment layer blend mode color. In the curves adjustment click load and you will find PS preset curves there are lots of filters in there. Add a gradient to your adjustment mask for the grad bit.
strawman 18 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
29 Mar 2006 12:22AM
Feeling a bit retro and want that 70's look?

I can think of a few ways. In RAW images you can play with the white balance and also adjust the colour cast. Or you could use a layer and place a colour in that and play with blending.
ruralscotland 17 1.3k
29 Mar 2006 12:46AM
You can download all types of grads for photoshop and use them in 'actions' try google for this as I can't remember where I got my CS2 ones.

But then I recently bought Cokin P filters!

Allan
mad-dogs 19 2.2k England
29 Mar 2006 12:47AM
Make a new layer above the image.

Select a tobacco foreground colour from the colour picker.

Click the gradient tool and choose the gradient from the menu which shows 'foreground colour to transparent' and then run a gradient across the layer. ( tip: if you overdo the gradient too far into the bottom part of the image, you can move the layer up until it is correct position )

Set the layer blend mode to overlay in the pull-down menu - top left in Layer palette. ( Try some of the other modes - Soft light can give similar results as Overlay )

Use levels to alter the transition from colour to transparent ie. gradual or sharp.

Use Image - Adjust - Hue & Saturation to fine tune the colour ( Hue ).

Save with layer to allow further adjustments / alterations if required.
DBax 15 11
30 Mar 2006 11:40PM
There are some graduated filter actions here
lobsterboy Plus
18 15.0k 13 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2006 11:58PM
Try TheLightsRightStudio - loads of filters including tobacco there.

Chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.