PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

too many pies....

Big Bri 19 16.6k United Kingdom
7 Apr 2011 12:55PM

Quote:It does however leave the question of who actually eats all the pies?

That was me

Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
7 Apr 2011 1:02PM
Change your username to Huge Bri...Smile
joolsb 15 27.1k 38 Switzerland
7 Apr 2011 1:14PM
So, what have we learnt today?

Quote:
veg pies are the equivalent of street photography

and

Quote:
tea is the equivalent of street photography

What I want to know is: does any other type of photography have a food- or beverage-related equivalent? Smile

(I think landscape photography is the equivalent of real ale with steak'n'kidney pie. But I could be wrong....)
mohikan22 Plus
16 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2011 1:25PM
lol
soa mince beef pie equivalates to macro then? its full of lots of small bits...
moleie 9 2
7 Apr 2011 1:38PM
I'm quite new to photography so I like to do as many things as possible, maybe in time I'll settle into my own area, I guess it'll conme down to what I enjoy most or get the best results from, I'm sure very few people start off specializing
ade_mcfade 16 15.2k 216 England
7 Apr 2011 1:47PM
Steak and Ale Pie.... yum yum

Steak and Kideny... yum yum

.....anyway, err, I'd recommend tasting as many pies as you can when you start out - how do you know what you'll like if you've not tasted it. Maybe that one with Stilton in is right up your street!

After the initial BINGE you'll work out what you like best, what you kinda like and what turned your stomach!!

Keep trying the ones you kinda like, you may develop a taste - but you'll definitely favour one or 2 flavours over the others. #

Then maybe try one with gravy to vary the flavour.... or maybe tommy ketchup?

come up with a pie combination that no one else has thought of - maybe steak and ale, with tobassco, chives, worcester sauce and mayo.
roxpix 16 2.2k 11 Scotland
7 Apr 2011 1:50PM

Quote:What I want to know is: does any other type of photography have a food- or beverage-related equivalent?

Well yes, quiche is actually the equivalent to landscape photography ( & we all know real men donít eat quiche)

Chicken wings, well theyíre the big cat photography (just had KFC for lunch)

Tobleroneís are the BOAS pics (great once or twice a year but lots of people canít stomach it every day)
mohikan22 Plus
16 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2011 2:07PM
LOL ^^
roxpix 16 2.2k 11 Scotland
7 Apr 2011 2:09PM
More:

Pot noodles are the HDR equivalent, so over processed theyíre just plastic (but everyone should try it at least once)

Shredded wheat is architecture photography, nobody really wants to do it but they know itís good for them

Cheddar well thatís glamour (no explanation required)
ade_mcfade 16 15.2k 216 England
7 Apr 2011 3:10PM
Landscape = Chicken Tikka Massala, everyone loves it, everyone does it!
Street = Deep fried crickets, interesting to look at but an acquired taste!
Wildlife = braised steak, takes feckin ages to cook, and is pretty ordinary when you eat it
portrait = puffer fish, anyone can cook it, but if you get it wrong its very very wrong (i.e. poisonous)
Architecture = grass, all around us but hardly anyone bothers to eat it Wink

...back to work!
mohikan22 Plus
16 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2011 3:48PM
lol what have i started....... Grin
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2011 3:51PM
Remember, if its just a pot with a pastry lid. It's not a Steak and Kidney Pie, it's a Steak & Kidney Lie.
mohikan22 Plus
16 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2011 4:45PM
LOL
so... what would be a the PASTIE Grin i would say abstract.. it has a bit of this.. a bit of that.. and you still cant figure it out..
strokebloke 11 493 17 England
7 Apr 2011 10:33PM
Sometimes I worry about you lot. Not always ~ but this evening; definitely !!!! Grin
mohikan22 Plus
16 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2011 11:26PM
LOL i believe its a bit late worrying abotu some of us but hey Thx for the concern Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.