ADVERTISEMENT
Save 10% On Your First Order With WhiteWall. Use Code: EPWW10

Top 10 albums?

ade_mcfade 18 15.2k 216 England
16 Aug 2006 11:24AM
Heroes and Villans is fantastic but the rest just reminds me to cowboy music halls style tunes from circa 1890

Good - but not quite Pet Sounds.... but music is beautifully subjective Wink
Geoffphoto 16 13.5k United Kingdom
16 Aug 2006 1:56PM
Ah ! the chequered history of those Beach Boys - I love Surfs Up and Pet Sounds of course, but I also really like Sunflower (really underrated), Smiley Smile (oh, what could of been) and 20/20 (lots of hipple rubbish from Mike Love but Cabinessence is fantastic), and for a sunny day , top down on the car, feelgood music, any of the BEST OF complilations will do for me - Fun, Fun, Fun.....
skeletor 19 1.7k England
16 Aug 2006 2:26PM

Quote:Hi Steve - yes guilty as charged
how about for starters
Frampton Comes Alive - Peter Frampton
In a Big Country - Big Country
The Six Wives of Henry VIII - Rick Wakeman
Eliminator - ZZ Top
Close To the Edge - Yes
All my Simple Red LP's
All my Simple Minds LP's
K - Kula Shaker
All my Def Leppard LP's
and Maria Carey (and that's all that I'm admitting to !)

Come on Geoff, don't be shy. Most of those albums were pretty cool in their day.

Are you sure you don't have the odd Rubettes, Smokie or Bucks Fizz album in your collection. Come on now, you know you want to get it off of your chest Wink

Maybe I'll start a new thread "Most embarrassing albums in collection"

Steve
16 Aug 2006 2:34PM
Hand on Heart, Steve - no I don't, but then I've always been cool !! (PS used to work in a record store) I think that I would rather have pins stuck in my eyes than buy any of the albums that you mention !
PS do T.Rex, the Corrs, Ultravox, and Slade Alive count LOL....Geoff

Just a thought , there does seem to be a lack of black artists in these lists, only Marvin Gaye gets a mention, no classic Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Motown, Prince, Stevie Wonder, and classic hip hop, NWA or Run DMC.
skeletor 19 1.7k England
16 Aug 2006 3:05PM
Fair do's Geoff Wink

You have a good point about the lack of black artists. Michael Jackson, Prince and Stevie Wonder, all great artists. Not sure about Diana Ross though. Lot of fans, just doesn't do it for me Wink

Steve
ade_mcfade 18 15.2k 216 England
16 Aug 2006 3:10PM
"songs in the key" of life and "off the wall" were 11 and 12 Smile
gwyn h 18 432
16 Aug 2006 5:56PM
starliz @ 11.18.23

Quote:any of you know a song called Lily was Here....brilliant sax bought on vinyl many moons ago tried to google it but no luck.

It's by Candy Duffer and Dave Stewart Liz and is on the album Lily Was Here : Original Soundtrack You can watch the video here
Lily was Here Sheer class.

Gwyn
skeletor 19 1.7k England
16 Aug 2006 6:10PM
It's Official

Starliz wrote

Quote:any of you know a song called Lily was Here....brilliant sax bought on vinyl many moons ago tried to google it but no luck.

Gwyn replied

Quote:It's by Candy Duffer and Dave Stewart Liz and is on the album Lily Was Here : Original Soundtrack You can watch the video here
Lily was Here Sheer class.

If ever evidence were needed.

If you have a question... about anything, forget Google, ePz will find the answer Smile

Steve
gwyn h 18 432
16 Aug 2006 6:33PM
Steve...if Liz had asked a question about MMEB I'm sure you'd have the answer (I'll refrain from adding the appropriate link...this time!)

Gwyn ;o)
skeletor 19 1.7k England
16 Aug 2006 6:42PM
errr....

.....You aint seen me...right?
starliz 18 1.6k 3 England
16 Aug 2006 6:51PM
Mann... your the man Steve lol your right put it forward to Pete... BOOK.....70`s ALBUM....SEARCH ENGINE LOL

Thank you so much for that Gwyn listening to it againas I type sent shivers down my spine it did..great to hear it again.

Many thanks to Duncan also ; ))

cheers my lot will be sick of hearing this now : ))
gwyn h 18 432
16 Aug 2006 7:22PM
Glad to have helped out Liz, EPZ to the rescue once again!
17 Aug 2006 11:18AM
Help - It's been playing on my mind all night - Yes I have several Phil Collins CD's.
There I feel so much better now !

PS huge apologies to Liz - Primitive Cool is the really lousy Mick Jagger album, sorry darlin', got a little mixed up (must be my age !)....and Steve- what the hell is Springsteen going on about in Blinded By The Light ???
Geoff
Henchard 17 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2006 11:34AM

Quote:what the hell is Springsteen going on about in Blinded By The Light ???

The central reference is to the religious conversion of Paul of Tarsus on the road to Damascus, but Springsteen was referring metaphorically to the music industry and wealth and fame
17 Aug 2006 11:40AM
Thanx for that -Don't get me wrong , It was a bit of a joke really , I really love Bruce and I love the MMEB version of the song but I've always thought that Bruce was just being a bit of a smart arse with lyrics like :

"Some silicone sister with her manager's mister told me I got what it takes
She said, "I'll turn you on, sonny, to something strong if you play that song with the funky break"
And Go-Cart Mozart was checkin' out the weather chart to see if it was safe to go outside
And little Early-Pearly came by in her curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride
Oh, some hazard from Harvard was skunked on beer, playin' backyard bombardier
Yes, and Scotland Yard was trying hard, they sent some dude with a calling card, he said, "Do what you like, but don't do it here"

Go-Cart Mozart !!!! The Road to Damascus...hmmmmmmmmmm...?

I perfer his later stuff, The Ghost of Tom Joad is fantastic !

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.