Exclusive Offer - 20% Off Mitsubishi CP-M15E Printer Bundle!

Tour de France

JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
7 Jul 2013 8:28AM

Quote:am looking forward to next year when the opening stages come to Yorkshire

Long time since I studied geography at school but since when has Yorkshire been in France ? Wink
arhb 13 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
7 Jul 2013 9:37AM

Quote:am looking forward to next year when the opening stages come to Yorkshire
Long time since I studied geography at school but since when has Yorkshire been in France ? Wink

My thoughts too Jeff.
Along the same lines of logic, I can only imagine some point in the future, when stages of The Tour of Britain are held in the Alps and Pyrenees .
saltireblue Plus
10 11.2k 68 Norway
7 Jul 2013 11:21AM
Le Tour has been to the UK before. In 2007 London--->Canterbury.
This year's Tour is an exception in recent years, with no legs going outside France - although the Corsicans might say their island is foreign soil!

Malc
Gaucho 18 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
7 Jul 2013 11:37AM
It starts in Yorkshire next year. Huge climbs up the mountains there Wink
saltireblue Plus
10 11.2k 68 Norway
7 Jul 2013 11:42AM

Quote:It starts in Yorkshire next year.

...which is exactly what we have been talking about the last few posts...WinkGrin
7 Jul 2013 11:49AM
Huge climbs they are not, but the gradients will be the test.
7 Jul 2013 11:54AM
Today should be interesting.
7 Jul 2013 5:38PM
Froome did well to claw his way back to the front(or there abouts), given the early attacks that happened from the start, but he was alone.
I reckon the individual TT's will work in Froome's favour, and should advance his lead on Valverde. Contador will be another matter.
saltireblue Plus
10 11.2k 68 Norway
7 Jul 2013 5:42PM
Gutsy performance today from Froome, and totally without help from the rest of the team.

What a weekend for British sport - Froome, The Lions and Murray.
9 Jul 2013 9:44AM
So, a day of rest and recovery yesterday - in other words a 2-3hr ride at easy pace lol
Sprinter day today.
Who will win the individual time trial tomorrow?
I would say Froome, Contador and Evans are main contenders amoungst others -
any bets?
joolsb 16 27.1k 38 Switzerland
9 Jul 2013 11:51AM
In the ITT in last year's Vuelta, Contador came second and Froome third but then Contador was the man on sizzling form and Froome was looking jaded. Now with the situation reversed, I reckon Froome should get it - all else being equal. Evans is looking a little out of it and neither Valverde nor Quintano should be much of a threat against the clock.
10 Jul 2013 11:41PM
Well, Froome put more time between himself and his rivals in the ITT -
even with the bigger time gap, there are several teams intent on breaking the Sky machine into bits with early attacks,
so it remains an exciting week ahead with the Alps still to climb....
Steve_S Plus
15 183 3 United Kingdom
10 Jul 2013 11:59PM
A few weeks ago, I got myself a road bike (after 45 years of not owning a bike) and must say that I have serious respect for all of these guys. To do what they do, day after day, is beyond imagination.
21 Jul 2013 7:41PM
So Chris Froome, quite convincingly takes yellow jersey - an excellent ride, seeing off all popular contenders with an outstanding performance on the 100th anniversary of the Tour de France.
What made it more interesting was the battle for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th placings, which was all decided on the last day in the Alps.
Nairo Quintana is the name to look for over the next 5yrs.
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
21 Jul 2013 8:01PM
First time I have watched the whole of the tour since it moved to ITV4. What a great race for the 100th Tour, fantastic racing with loads of interest all the way through the race.
Well done to Chris Froome too, love the way he hopes it doesn't change his life too much Smile

Can't wait till it comes to the UK next year, the Cambridge to London stage is supposed to go through Epping Forest (right on my doorstep). Brilliant Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.