Get 5% off Loupedeck CT with code: Ephotozine5

Tour de France

arhb 13 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
21 Jul 2013 8:43PM
Totally agree Chris, an epic tour!

Last year La Vuelta was also shown on ITV4, and that was also well contested.
tomcat 15 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
21 Jul 2013 9:10PM
A brilliant winSmile, but no doubt there will be some knockers because Sky are involvedSad

If previous threads on here are owt to go by

Adrian
brian1208 17 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
21 Jul 2013 9:18PM
A great Tour, Froome deserved to win (and handled all the BS from the Press very well)

Cav was lucky not to have a face-plant when he hit that pot-hole in the final stages of the sprint Grin
joolsb 16 27.1k 38 Switzerland
21 Jul 2013 9:50PM
A deserved winner of one of the hardest Tours of recent years (it was designed that way, after all). Great racing and a nice guy coming first for a change.

And the best bit…. Somebody managed to keep Lesley Garret away from the ceremony. Smile
21 Jul 2013 9:57PM

Quote:A deserved winner of one of the hardest Tours of recent years (it was designed that way, after all). Great racing and a nice guy coming first for a change.

And the best bit…. Somebody managed to keep Lesley Garret away from the ceremony. Smile

I heard a Daft Punk track playing during the ceremony which was perfect, as they are france's greatest contemporary music export right now.
22 Jul 2013 6:54AM
It was a good 'son et lumière' show that really showed off the Arc de Triomphe. The French are pretty good at this stuff even if they can't win their own bloomin' Grand Tour.... Wink
Goldfynche 7 306 England
22 Jul 2013 2:27PM
Oh yes! That starts soon. I've booked a holiday to go and shoot it. Looking forward to it.
22 Jul 2013 2:49PM

Quote:Oh yes! That starts soon. I've booked a holiday to go and shoot it. Looking forward to it.

I envy you Smile
That starts on 24/8 - are you shooting the whole event Michael?
22 Jul 2013 3:36PM

Quote:A brilliant win, but no doubt there will be some knockers because Sky are involved

Well, of course. 'The Sun' is famous for knockers!
Goldfynche 7 306 England
22 Jul 2013 3:51PM

Quote:I envy you Smile
That starts on 24/8 - are you shooting the whole event Michael?

Yes indeed. I've polished and lubricated my faithful old Raleigh, and intend to follow the leaders around as much as possible, as long as the rest of the field doesn't get in my way.
JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
22 Jul 2013 6:48PM

Quote:and that was also well contested.

really, I read that on the last day the leader is not challenged... so where is the contest ! !

Or is the real last day the Saturday and the Sunday is just for publicity purposes / sponsors / advertising etc. ?
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
22 Jul 2013 7:07PM
The contest has been over the previous two weeks. Paris is all about the sprint race.....and a 'lap' of honour for the yellow jersey.
22 Jul 2013 7:34PM

Quote:and that was also well contested.
really, I read that on the last day the leader is not challenged... so where is the contest ! !

Or is the real last day the Saturday and the Sunday is just for publicity purposes / sponsors / advertising etc. ?

Firstly, the quote you used was regarding the 2012 Vuelta a Espana....(unless I wrote that somewhere else...)
however, there was racing to be seen on the last day, which was the sprint finish, which has been Mark Cavendish's prize for the last 4(?) years, where this year he was beaten by a close margin.
True, there is no move made on the yellow jersey, even though Froome and team let the peleton go, so they could ride safely arm in arm accross the line, which lost Froome about 20 seconds off his overall lead, but still 4+ minutes ahead.
NaturesHaven 9 283 6 England
24 Jul 2013 3:38PM
A brilliant 100th Tour.................and no I have NOT seen them all........GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

The organisers did a brilliant job as usual..............new places in France to see.............lovely weather..............the devil there as normal.............great racing, some laughs, some tears, some crashes, lots of pain...........GrinGrinGrinGrin

Those mountains are high...I couldn't walk up em never mind peddle up em............sometimes twice............roll on next year...........start in Gods Country...........bound to be a good un.............E By Gummy..........GrinGrinGrin

PS I am from Yorkshire and I can laugh at myself..........GrinGrin

Terrific sporting event...........GrinGrinGrinGrin

The tour is the ultimate sporting achievement......GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Well done to all the riders............I doff my hat............GrinGrinGrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.