Trade in my A57 for an A6000

kodachrome 8 720
13 Feb 2016 3:17PM
I am trying to down size from my A57 but stay with Sony, I like the A6000 body and features but from most reviews I have read, the E mount kit lenses are not the sharpest knives in the drawer the 18-55 being a tad better than the more compact 16-50 power zoom which I am not keen on, I hate power zooms for still work.
I would appreciate any views and advice on this.
PS, I can't afford Carl Zeiss lenses for the Sony A6000
Pete

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete_g 14 327 United Kingdom
13 Feb 2016 7:53PM
Not Sony, but a good deal on a twin lens OMD EM10 MKII on Amazon, with a 50 voucher after purchase also.
Have done a lot of research lately and have recently ordered one....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-Compact-System-Camera-Silver/dp/B013QWFKZ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1455393107&sr=1-1&keywords=olympus+om-d+e-m10+mkii

Pete
kodachrome 8 720
14 Feb 2016 9:19AM
Thanks Pete

I have also done some research on the Sony MEX E lenses and to be frank, there are no outstanding lenses at the budget end, in fact the 2 standard kit zooms 15-50 and 18-55 are not that good optically according to several review sites. The only budget lens that gets good reviews is the Sigma prime 30mm.

The OMD EM-10 sound like a good choice and my research shows the lenses are not bad and the camera is loved by most review sites, Panasonic lenses seem to score higher than Olympus on a few models. Thanks for the info,

Pete

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.