Travel advice

Farris 14 24
6 May 2007 7:29PM
I'm going to Central America (Belize, Honduras) for 2 months in a couple weeks and I could use advice about anything and everything. It is going to be the rainy season, and very humid. I want to be prepared but have not gone on a long trip like this before. Any advice about MUST TAKES, or any kind of advice for a trip like this.
I have a Cannon Rebel XTi, and a 150 gig portable hard drive. Can I safely take my hard drive through the airport? Do I need to avoid the scanners, should I pack it in my luggage or take it carry on with my Camera?
I know I will need to wrap my camera for rain and weather but i don't know if there is a technique for this? The last thing I want to do is ruin my Camera.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 May 2007 7:37PM
Your portable hard drive will be safe going through the scanners.

But you should take it on board as cabin luggage.
ahollowa 16 1.1k England
7 May 2007 10:18AM
This article Should help. It is a what worked and what didn't article from Michael Richman on Luminous Landscape. It details precortions taken on a recent trip to the Amazon and sounds close to what you will encounter.

cheers

Al.
malum 15 630 1 United Kingdom
9 May 2007 10:26AM
A pelican case might be in order to keep everything safe while you aren't using it.
marcoz 13 71
9 May 2007 8:55PM
best thing in the world for travelling right apart from camera stuff. that i could not have lived without is a travel towel best things in the world that and a lonley planet. two months is not very long when you think about it you will be moving about and ul be home depressed about being back before you no it.

p.s good luck with the americans lol

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.