Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Travelling!

19 May 2017 12:39AM
Hi there, I'm new to the photography scene. I got a Canon EOS 13000d for my birthday as I was fed up using my iPhone camera! It's the best thing I've done but I'm going interrailing this summer and my lens (though great) is a nuisance to take travelling with me as it's clunky and I just feel it will draw unwanted attention. I was wondering if there's a more suitable, compact lens anyone would recommend me buying? Also if anyone has any tips who has backpacked with a camera feel free to share! E.g like swaping my original canon neck strap to a more subtle plain one, keeping it in a dry bag, a lens protector, cases? Etc.

Thank you!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat Plus
13 18.4k 3 Canada
19 May 2017 6:13AM
Welcome aboard. If you're concerned about size and weight, there are some good all purpose lenses available, and they won't break the bank. 2 basic canon lenses that cover a good range would be the kit lens, 18-55mm IS STM, and the 55-250mm. There'll be some backpackers on here later, I'm sure. Good luck!

Denny
19 May 2017 6:44AM
Welcome, canon do two small pancake lenses, the EF40mm and the newer EFS 24 mm, but it could depend on what you shoot, using a small wrist strap and carrying it in a bum bag could also be a consideration, if cost is a factor, then one of the 50mm f1.8 cheap primes might be an answer, sigma do a 30mm f1.4 which might be worth a look as well
20 May 2017 9:53PM
Thank you for the advice!
Chris_L 3 3.9k United Kingdom
21 May 2017 8:36AM
For something that lets you capture a breathtaking landscape just as easily as snapping a colourful street vendor then look no further than one of these , no big and heavy telephoto zoom, a human perspective, light as a feather, small and discreet and great quality.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.