Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Trusted Camera Websites

JamesGarfield 10 915 4 United Kingdom
19 Jan 2010 9:52AM
I tend to really shop around, I have used camerabox, amazon, jessops and cameraking without any issues what so ever.I've looked at WHE many times but they appear to be the most expensive on everything and not just a few pounds, often 100's compared to others so I avoid them.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scotty99 13 124
24 Jan 2010 12:59AM

Quote:On the subject of Warehouse Express , I purchased a lens from them , and within 3 months it started having issues , whe refused any responsibility and blamed the manafacturer whom they sent it back too , refused me a replacement , got the same lens back 6 WEEKS later , and it was no different hadnt been fixed , again whe refused to be of any further help , would not buy anything from them ever again , and their prices are poor , can buy from plenty of local retailers for the same and get better service ..

Lots of companies try the "manufacturer is to blame, deal with them"

not true. Your contract of sale is with them (WHE) If the item you purchased is not fit for purpose,or becomes faulty through no fault of your own within a reasonable time period,then they need to supply you with a replacement or a refund.
The item needs to be seen to withstand reasonable wear and tear. You can still return items after the warranty runs out if you feel the item has not survived general usage. If you google the sales of goods act, you can get the quote of the act. Send a letter, quote the sales of goods act, and give them 7 days to sort the problem. stick to your guns
2 Feb 2010 1:21AM
I've encountered the same problem with WEX - blaming the manufacturer, making unreasonable claims about the quality of their goods then denying it was their fault that the goods weren't as described, and generally showing enough ineptitude to send me the wrong lens back after it spent a quarter of a year at Sigma. To their credit I did eventually get through to a very helpful person and I received a new lens, but they took their time and failed on several promises, plus failed to reply to my letters afterwards and I got fed up of chasing them in the end.

Disappointing, my other orders had been faultless, but such an experience puts you off a bit.
cats_123 Plus
15 4.9k 29 Northern Ireland
2 Feb 2010 7:27AM

Quote:On the subject of Warehouse Express , I purchased a lens from them , and within 3 months it started having issues , whe refused any responsibility and blamed the manafacturer whom they sent it back too , refused me a replacement , got the same lens back 6 WEEKS later , and it was no different hadnt been fixed , again whe refused to be of any further help , would not buy anything from them ever again , and their prices are poor , can buy from plenty of local retailers for the same and get better service ..

Surely they have a responsibility under the Sale of Goods Act? They have a contract with you, so must either repair, replace or refund. If the repair isn't up to standard (not of merchantable quality) then you can claim a full refund (I think).
SoGA fact sheet Smile

ps I've used both WEX and Amazon without any problems
Geraint 13 715 34 Wales
2 Feb 2010 8:31AM
I try not to use WarehouseExpress if I can help it because with some of the orders I've placed with them over the past 4 years I've received an email from them telling me that the item is out of stock, even though the item is labelled as being in stock on their website. If they are much cheaper than other comanies I will use them, but phone the order through rather than rely on their site.
peterjones 17 4.9k 1 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2010 4:25PM
no problem with WE myself; also I have used Hilton Cameras, Calumet and Grays of Westminster equally without issue.
roxpix 16 2.2k 11 Scotland
2 Feb 2010 4:34PM
Another shout for using Mifsuds and also throw Bristol Cameras into the pot, both have been quick & reliable with great telephone support to check stock status etc

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.