Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Tuition with a member of the EPZ Critique Team

dudler Plus
15 861 1488 England
3 Jun 2019 12:40PM
In my latest article for EPZ (HERE), I've set a competition for molbile 'phone pictures.

To enter, you need to post a picture taken with a mobile during June, with the tag Mobile Monday.

At the beginning of July, I shall pick my favourite, and the winner will receive a day's tuition on any area of photography in which I'm competent to provide it. (Note - this does NOT include using a mobile 'phone to take pictures - see the article!)

Date and subject to be agreed between the winner and me. Location is the West Midlands, UK, and you're responsible for getting here - if you're too far away to be able to get here, we'll see what we can arrange with Skype.

My decision about the winner will be final, and will probably reflect my own interests and biases in photography.

I hope that's straightforward, and that you'll have fun trying out a different way of shooting, as I did. Though you may then decide it's a tool to be kept in the box most of the time - again, as I did.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
3 Jun 2019 12:44PM
Just for the sake of clarity, John, the images should be uploaded to the main ePz gallery, not in this thread?
dudler Plus
15 861 1488 England
3 Jun 2019 12:48PM
Definitely, Malc, in the main gallery.

I shall identify them by doing a gallery search with the tag 'Mobile Monday' - so it's probalby important for people to tag accurately, too.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
6 Jun 2019 6:32PM
To be clear, do the images have to have been taken on a Monday, or just uploaded on that day?
dudler Plus
15 861 1488 England
6 Jun 2019 9:22PM
Uploaded on a Monday was what I had in mind: but I could be convinced that taken on a Monday is within the spirit of the thing. I've realised that making hte rules and simply setting a competition going is good, in that I get to set the rules, but a problem in that I need to be sure that I'm being fair.

The objective, though, is to get people like me (who prefer cameras) to give their mobiles a try. The 'don't knock it if you haven't tried it' principle.

John

Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.