TV Ads

capto Plus
7 5.9k 13 United Kingdom
2 Mar 2018 10:55PM
Which TV adverts do you find the most irritating? I find myself desperately reaching for the mute button on the remote at the first sight of an annoying opera singer, or the latest Nationwide advert with two girls 'singing'.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c 15 5.0k 36 England
2 Mar 2018 11:53PM
All of them.
Snapper Plus
14 4.4k 3 Scotland
3 Mar 2018 12:44AM

Quote:All of them.

Pretty much what Justin said, but an honourable exception for this one. Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVr_tU_pAfg
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
3 Mar 2018 8:31AM
The ads informing us what programmes are being broadcast in the future can be quite useful

I think the TV companies prefer to call them " Trailers "

justin c 15 5.0k 36 England
3 Mar 2018 9:19AM
I find the only purpose they serve is allowing enough time to make a quick cup of tea. Although even that's not necessary anymore with the convenience of being able to pause the programme. I tend to record the programmes and fast forward through all the adverts by advancing 60 seconds at a time. Four or sometimes five quick 60 second advances usually avoids the ads perfectly.
I also find those Sponsored by ads at the start after each break equally annoying.

The future programme trailers can be useful though, as mentioned above.
thewilliam2 2 1.3k
3 Mar 2018 2:57PM
The elderly males among us will find the ad breaks useful for comfort visits!
Ross_D Plus
5 838 1 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2018 3:58PM
Agree with the OP......those two girls singing (??) in the Nationwide ad...........arrrrrgh.....IMO the most irritating ad on TV.

All adverts for over 50s life insurance (because they use the worst actors/actresses and give them dire scripts).

Those ads for holidays in Israel (only seen them on the Sky News channel)....the fake electro 'pop' music is awful.

AlexandraSD 8 762 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2018 5:48PM
Not owned a telly for years now, so i am immune to television adverts, but i do occasionally listen to local radio and those poxy window adverts really get on my thrupenny bits!

I will admit though, now and then i will put one of these videos on in the background

for old times sake, a bit of nostalgia, they certainly dont make em like they used to Smile
adrian_w Plus
12 3.8k 4 England
3 Mar 2018 11:36PM
Go Compare & Money Supermarket ads make me want to kick the TV. And that cockney prat advertising Bet 365.
dark_lord Plus
15 2.4k 598 England
4 Mar 2018 9:19AM
Those that 'sponsor' a programme or time of day as they get mentioned before and after each ad break which ends up at six or eight times per hour.
thewilliam2 2 1.3k
4 Mar 2018 1:11PM
Some ads are worth watching, like the M&S food ads.

We studio-based photographers must surely drool at the exquisite lighting!
cattyal Plus
14 8.9k 6 England
4 Mar 2018 1:49PM

Quote:Some ads are worth watching, like the M&S food ads.

We studio-based photographers must surely drool at the exquisite lighting!

That's the only reason I watch those ads - I couldn't give a hoot about the food Smile
hobbo Plus
8 1.3k 2 England
4 Mar 2018 3:57PM
Most irritating....

That bloke milking a giraffe ......and.....Oakland....not oak .....furniture...

Hobbo
hobbo Plus
8 1.3k 2 England
4 Mar 2018 4:32PM
Oh! And that

U-Switch rubbish..........."Yes you caaaaaaaan".........ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
4 Mar 2018 6:02PM
Any advert with groups of middle-aged women prancing about grinning like teenagers just because they can wear clothes or buy furniture.
Any advert for betting sites with everone grinning like hyenas because it's such fun.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.