Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

Types of glass for frames

5 Oct 2009 7:37PM
Does anyone use anti-reflective or anti-UV glass in frames? If so, which type?
Its the anti-reflective glass I'm interested in, since it can look very good I'm told. I've found that there are 2 types of anti-reflective glass - etched (cheaper, but can look diffused, especially when not right next to the print) and coated (good but very expensive).


Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam 8 5.8k
5 Oct 2009 7:44PM
Contact Lion framing in Birmingham. They do a good range including several types of coated glass, which is awesome when used for a low-key pic.
6 Oct 2009 6:23PM
Thanks, I might start using the coated type & increase prices a little.
FatHandedChap 10 1.3k England
7 Oct 2009 8:50AM
I have non-reflective glass as an optional extra and examples of normal and NR framed prints around the studio - there are very few people who choose standard glass after seeing the difference.


Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.