Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Uk Prices Rip Off?????

agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
26 May 2006 2:00AM
"I am 100% English born and bred, and proud of my UK passport, but I don't want to live there anymore."

That's fine, and at least you have done something positive about it. The same options are open to all here that are moaning about UK, why don't they all simply emigrate? If you find a place that is pefect, let me know, I'll join you.
u08mcb 17 5.8k
26 May 2006 2:18AM
So where would people like to move to?

I think I'd go for Norway or Sweden, maybe Iceland. I'd say Finland but if you've ever tried speaking Finnish...
covey 16 1.7k Ireland
26 May 2006 2:23AM
Norway, Sweden or maybe Iceland, now you talking real prices. A tenner a pint, not expensive at all!.

T.
u08mcb 17 5.8k
26 May 2006 2:24AM
There is that. Booze cruise to Estonia only costs 12 euros though Smile
sidaorb 15 3.9k 2 England
26 May 2006 6:13AM
Just got back from honeymoon in NY this morning, now I know what jet lag is Sad !

I was staying a couple of blocks from B&H so thought I'd pay them a visit (well new wife had dragged me to Macy's), I must say what a brilliant set up they have there, as my wife said, 'like Argos for cameras, but better organised and better service', well I was like a child in a candy store and left $1200 lighter.

I would recommend them to anyone and well worth a visit if you are in the Big Apple.

Carl
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
26 May 2006 6:28AM
Best way to avoid jet lag (other than not going) is to stay up as late as you can on the night you get home. That way you go to bed so exhausted that your body couldn't give a damn about its internal clock. :0)
sidaorb 15 3.9k 2 England
26 May 2006 7:05AM
Cheers Ian,

Have eyelids like lead weights at the moment but cant seem to sleep.

Carl
karl Plus
17 655 United Kingdom
26 May 2006 8:36AM

Quote:
Have eyelids like lead weights at the moment but cant seem to sleep.

See, life is all about balance, you have a wallet as light as a feather now, so you get eyelids like lead Smile
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
26 May 2006 9:44AM
"So where would people like to move to?

I think I'd go for Norway or Sweden, maybe Iceland. I'd say Finland but if you've ever tried speaking Finnish..."

Finland? Unless it's changed, it had the highest suicide rate in the world! Wink Doesn't sound like a fun place. My brother is currently living in Sweden, and reckons it can be incredibly boring.
u08mcb 17 5.8k
26 May 2006 9:48AM
Well I wasnt going to live North of the Arctic circle all winter Smile

Helsinki's a cool place.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.