UK versus HK

Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
2 Sep 2019 11:23AM
Right. This is the reply from TobyDeals:

"In regards to your inquiry, I would like to inform you that we ship our orders with special arrangements.

With these arrangements we take care of all the hassle that you might encounter when importing goods.

Because of this we make sure that you do not need to worry about any extra fees and you will only be required to pay the listed price on our website.

As VAT and custom duties will be settled by us, we are not able to provide an invoice with any VAT indicated.

Should you necessitate further assistance, please do contact us."

Special arrangements! I wonder what those could be......... Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown 10 8.0k 252 England
2 Sep 2019 11:56AM

Quote:Right. This is the reply from TobyDeals:

As VAT and custom duties will be settled by us, we are not able to provide an invoice with any VAT indicated.

Not sure what those "special arrangements" might be but they have just put in writing that they will settle "VAT and custom(s) duties."
2 Sep 2019 12:01PM
Indeed so. I'll post the reply from eGlobal Central when I get it.

LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
3 Sep 2019 8:44AM

Quote:
Quote:Right. This is the reply from TobyDeals:

Not sure what those "special arrangements" might be but they have just put in writing that they will settle "VAT and custom(s) duties."

E-infinity do not even show their trading name above their address.
I would regard any any promise from a firm that does not disclose it's trading name (a web address is not a trading name) as close to worthless.

Toby deals have a 50% serious negative rating on Trust Pilot.
If a firm (or their shipping agent) pay VAT and yet say they cannot issue a VAT invoice I would doubt I was are getting 100% of the truth.
Additional if I was still running a photographic business without a VAT invoice I could not recoup the VAT from my VAT charges.

If you buy from an Amazon location from outside the UK you get a taxes charge and a taxes paid receipt.

Buying from these 2 Hong Kong sources you save money, you take risks if anything goes wrong and the 2 Hong Kong firms above "duck and weave" as to how VAT is paid.
One "cannot" provide a VAT invoice even though they imply VAT might be paid.
The price differential is around the VAT percentage.
With no VAT invoice available it seems to me to be 2 + 2 makes 5.
3 Sep 2019 10:47AM
I suspect all/most of these HK outfits (probably) operate in the same way. I.e. none of them send to a storage facility in the UK

Interestingly no UK outlets currently have stock of the item in question.
10 Sep 2019 5:18PM
Just a quick update. I decided to go with E-Infinity: 939 vs 1199 at UK retailers. (22% saving)

Package arrived today. Posting label indicates dispatched to me from within the UK, from a storage facility in west London. So no VAT.

Instruction leaflet in English only and a UK plug supplied for the charging lead.

So far, so good. Smile Therefore the only possible issue would be any warranty claim. Hopefully there won't be one... famous last words! Blush

saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
10 Sep 2019 6:45PM

Quote:Just a quick update. I decided to go with E-Infinity: 939 vs 1199 at UK retailers. (22% saving)

Package arrived today. Posting label indicates dispatched to me from within the UK, from a storage facility in west London. So no VAT.

Instruction leaflet in English only and a UK plug supplied for the charging lead.

So far, so good. Smile Therefore the only possible issue would be any warranty claim. Hopefully there won't be one... famous last words! Blush

This confirms what I read elsewhere - the experience is the same, the goods being sent from a UK address. They even sent him an sms the day the goods were sent showing the package and address label.
10 Sep 2019 8:36PM
Thanks CB.
I was wondering what you'd do.
How long did it take to arrive?
10 Sep 2019 9:58PM
It took 4 days: from the day I ordered to the day it arrived.
10 Sep 2019 10:12PM
Thanks again.

I'm waiting on the sale of a property to release an inheritance which is going to pay for my next aquisition so I'm not quite in the market yet but I shall certainly beclooking at these people wheen the time comes.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.