Save 50% On Affinity Photo Today!

Unique photo opportunity in the Sahara Desert!

Attention!

This topic is locked.

UserRemoved 16 4.2k
21 Jan 2006 5:41AM
Clare: probably not, well it was something to do with crossing the desert that triggered it Wink

Mark: You are about 130th in the queue Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sybilla 16 264
21 Jan 2006 7:04AM
Silly me :O)
sybilla 16 264
3 Jan 2007 7:39AM
Morning all

I can now confirm from Andy that this trip is going ahead in May 2007.

The Saharawan Aid Trust (Registered Charity No.1069457) are organising a Convoy to deliver humanitarian aid to 150,000 of the former occupants of the Western Sahara, displaced when the territory was invaded by Morocco in 1976.

This years Convoy will leave the UK at the beginning of May 2007 to drive through Spain, then south through Algeria to the refugee camps. There, the vehicles and their cargo will be handed over to the Red Crescent who will ensure is fair distribution. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel south through Algeria (an area normally closed to foreigners) and help to bring valuble aid to these remote refugee camps.

This is an excellant opportunity for anyone who is interested on having a "different" type of holiday. Please feel free to message Andy or myself for more details oe if you have any questions. I am sure there must be quite a few!

Please note that The Saharawan Aid Trust is a "not for profit" organisation.

Clare
Are there still places available and could I have more info especially dates, etc.

Are there any fitness requirements etc?
urban-hero 16 23 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2007 11:08AM
Hi Vincent, the proposed dates are as follows: Leave the UK on May 5th, arrive back at London Heathrow May 20th. Dates are subject to the confirmation of the Ferry and Flight schedules which are not yet published for this period. There are no minimum fitness requiements as such but all convoy participants are asked to complete a medical questionare and if any applicant have any potentially risky medical conditions, we request a 'fitness to travel' letter from your Doctor. It should be noted that Algerian medical facilities are limited and the convoy only has basic first aid facilities - this should be borne in mind if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.

Further information is available on the website: www.saharawanaidtrust.com

Pictures from the 2004 convoy are posted on my profile (see links at the head of this strand)

Please note: the new e-mail address is: saharaconvoy@aol.com
urban-hero 16 23 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2007 1:56PM
Dear All.

Ephotozine has made me aware that they have recently introduced a policy where the actively discourage the promotion of Charity Projects and Appeals in the forums.

Whilst Peter has kindly not removed this strand as it was originally opened before this policy was introduced, he had asked that I request that any equiries regarding the convoy are sent directly to the Charity and not through this forum strand.

The charity contact details are as follows:

Enquiries (convoy only) e-mail: saharaconvoy@aol.com

Charity website: www.saharawanaidtrust.com

General enquiries:

Please contact Tony Vernon-Riley at

The Saharawan Aid and Penny-On Trusts
15N Burslem Enterprise Centre
Moorland Road
Burslem
Stoke-on-Trent ST6 1JQ

01782 448482

E-mail: tony@thepenny-ontrust.org