Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Update About V4 Changes

bmh1 14 572 1 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2007 8:52AM

Quote:The team are trying to implement a new structure to the site and at the same time are listening to every grievance, complaint and suggestion from the members.

Is there a list of these suggestions/complaints visible anywhere (like the V4 known problems list) which shows the status of these so that we know which suggestions have been or are being considered, are going to be implemented, or have been rejected (and for what reason?).

eg. Are we going to get links underlined ?, are the OP/your posts flags going to be added back to the forums? is the site going to be made more 800pixel wide friendly or has that been rejected or is it still being considered ? etc. etc.

I think it would be helpful if we knew if our input/views on the site did get looked at, or whether they got lost in the noise of a long thread ...

Bernard
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2007 9:09AM

Quote:Is there a list of these suggestions/complaints visible anywhere

Nope - I think at the moment they are a bit too busy to maintain the list.
I suggested to Pete the other day that it would be good if Epz had a proper bug tracking system (like jira/bugzilla) - not only would a list be automatically maintained but we could vote on which issues are the most important to us. This can be easily implemented as it is "out of the box" functionality and would allow better interaction all round.
pennyspike 17 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2007 10:03AM

Quote:Is it still possible to look at other members stats and recent comments

Thanks Boyd and Pete, helpful information.
Nothing sinister I assure you I just meant the stats about number of photos, comments etc. I find it interesting that some people are so prolific/helpful.
Penny
conrad 16 10.9k 116
14 Apr 2007 10:58AM
"i don't see that many things are much more difficult than they were"

How about one-click access to different parts of the gallery which are now in submenus, like the Reader's Gallery itself, the Editor's Choice pages, the Modifiable Images gallery, the Critique Gallery?

These could all be accessed with one click in the past, and now you have to go through menus. And the mouseover system means you have to be very careful how you move your mouse, because it's easy to end up somewhere else than in the Main Gallery, for instance.

Edit: But, to be fair indeed, a lot of work has been put in getting a slick look for the site, and that's worked very well.
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
14 Apr 2007 11:14AM
The navigation around the site now seems as to be as cumbersome as it does on many similar sites that I have visited.

Keeping up with the Jones may seem desirable but being in front was better.

Just as I see it.

Just Jas
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
14 Apr 2007 12:48PM
Having said this, there are a number of enhancements - increase to 600 pixels from 500 for pic uploads, and the 'Preview' before uploading to the Gallery are two.

jas
conrad 16 10.9k 116
14 Apr 2007 1:51PM
700 pix even, Jas, I believe. And I like being able to select favourite photos. (Still have trouble finding some, though, because after 7 - 10 pages of search results the rest of the photos from the search results disappear...)
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
14 Apr 2007 2:05PM

Quote:700 pix even

Sadly not - it's 600px. It was 700 for about a day then they reduced it!
conrad 16 10.9k 116
14 Apr 2007 2:06PM
Really? That was quick.
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
14 Apr 2007 5:18PM
When I uploaded my pic today the instruction said 600 x 600 pixels max.

That'as 20 % linear increase on 500 pixels and a 44 % increase on 500 x 500 pixel area of pic.

Most welcome!

jas
JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
14 Apr 2007 8:38PM
When you "VOTE" on a Gallery Image what are you Voting for ?

In a previous existence it was because you LIKED the Image,or words to that effect.. such a long time ago I cannot recall exactly !!
dougv 16 8.4k 3 England
14 Apr 2007 10:13PM
As far as I know it's still the same.

If you like it vote, and if it gets enough votes it gets an RC.

Doug Wink
RipleyExile 17 1.6k 17 England
18 Apr 2007 4:38PM

Quote:ECs HCs Pete has never had an option to click a photo to say he likes it. In the old system a click was a HC and Pete's name appeared in your votes list. Now a click is a Vote only. The HC is not missing. They are separate.

Oh bugger! Sad
conrad 16 10.9k 116
18 Apr 2007 4:52PM

Quote:The HC is not missing

The photographer may feel differently about that, LOL.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.