GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Upgrade to Canon 5D - yes or no ?

andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2007 8:41PM
LOL....

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joecool 13 350 United States
5 Feb 2007 1:58AM
it is a "downgrade" 5D has only 3fps Smile
jondf 13 2.8k
6 Feb 2007 9:10AM

Quote:Upgrade to Canon 5D - yes or no ?

Yeah.....go on then.
Kris_Dutson 17 8.2k 1 England
6 Feb 2007 9:33AM
You really are not going to notice 'only' 3fps unless you're shooting sport or other fast moving subjects.

And why jpeg? With the dynamic range the full size sensored 5D can capture, it would be criminal not to use RAW.
strawman 15 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2007 10:37AM

Quote:Strawman, I've just checked your last image - the reflections, excellent. I thought you've upgraded to 5D yourself... so I guess you at least had it to play with for a while ?

I only had to take two back to back photo's to see the end result difference Smile. The 20D/30D and 5D are all handling improvements over my 300D, with the first two offering improvements in image quality at high ISO, while the 5D impressed in all areas.

I fly though Doha on the way home on Friday from India and it has a massive duty free area so I will be checking out the 5D price. It costs more to buy it in India than the UK!!

Back to work see you later.
mattw 15 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2007 11:16AM

Quote:You really are not going to notice 'only' 3fps unless you're shooting sport or other fast moving subjects.

Of course you can shoot fast moving subjects - only you can't 'machine gun' it as fast.

The buffer on the 5D is huge, and I've never come anywhere close to even half filling it.

Mattw
LesF 13 182 9
6 Feb 2007 1:12PM
Well its 100% for the 5D then, just got to decide who to purchase from or do I wait month to see if Canon are going to do money off deals again, suppose its heads you win tails you loose.
Thanks for all your comments and advice.
BigCol 18 1.8k 1 Scotland
6 Feb 2007 1:16PM
Unless you're in a hurry then why not wait 'til Focus, if you're going, and see if anyone there are doing any decent prices.
Col
andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2007 7:00PM
Focus should have the odd deal or two.
tepot 15 4.4k United Kingdom
6 Feb 2007 7:28PM
If i hadn't already bought into the Nikon system, i would consider the 5D myself, i looked through a fellow togs 5D oneday last year and have never forgot the experience! mind you i have recently lost 2 lenses so might be tempted to sell my two remaining lenses and switch to Canon....depends how much i get on my tax rebate Wink
duncan clarke 15 350 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2007 12:55AM
Another thing to note is that the 5D will allow you to get a shallower depth of field for the same aperture. Could be useful with portraits, allowing you to really knock the background out of focus etc.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.