Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Upload issue.

20 Apr 2017 6:02PM
Is anyone else experiencing problems uploading photographs from an Android device, to the site?
I exclusively use my Android tablet for editing my images, and so I need to be able to upload directly from my device (Samsung tablet) to my portfolio page. This is a major problem, though, as I have to make multiple attempts just to successfully upload each photograph.

I suspect that the issue may be caused by the advertisements on the site interfering with the upload process. If the adverts are all fully loaded, then I have a better chance of a successful upload (better, not guaranteed).

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this upload problem.

I am aware that I am using a desktop version, and that there is no android application but I would rather not have to transfer my photographs back to the PC after editing, just to upload to this site. I am hoping that if this is an issue for other members, then a solution may be pursued by the development team.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
7 7.2k 33 Norway
20 Apr 2017 6:50PM
Hi Maureen. I know you have already been in touch via reports with Rick. He is part of the WebDev team.
Can I suggest you re-open the report you submitted and continue discussing there.
Even if you are the only one experiencing this particular problem, Rick will spend time helping you resolve it.
At the same time, I know that the team want the site to work across the whole range of platforms.

I will bring this thread you have started to his attention so that he can respond here, if needed.
20 Apr 2017 6:58PM

Quote:Hi Maureen. I know you have already been in touch via reports with Rick. He is part of the WebDev team.
Can I suggest you re-open the report you submitted and continue discussing there.
Even if you are the only one experiencing this particular problem, Rick will spend time helping you resolve it.
At the same time, I know that the team want the site to work across the whole range of platforms.

I will bring this thread you have started to his attention so that he can respond here, if needed.

Yes, I raised this issue a couple of days ago, but I did not get a response after mentioning that I suspected that the adverts on the site might be a factor in my repeated upload failures.

I thought that the issue was going no further with Rick. So I thought I would try to get some information from any other members who use Android devices.
20 Apr 2017 8:11PM
Hi,

I've responded to your original report.

Thanks,

Rick
20 Apr 2017 8:29PM

Quote:Hi,

I've responded to your original report.

Thanks,

Rick

Thank you, Rick. I have just responded to your comment on the original report.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.