Get your complimentary 1-year Adobe Photography Plan with X-Rite!

Upload to Canon Gallery

martinl 16 269 2 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2013 3:19PM
Soz, but being a bit dim here, but how does one upload to the Canon Gallery or any other camera specific gallery for that matter? I can find the gallery, but no idea how to actually get an image there.

I've checked in my p/f settings and can't see it in there, so can someone please enlighten me.

Cheers.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
3 Sep 2013 3:31PM
I think these galleries are " smart collections "

They get automatically added depending on your camera model which is embedded in the EXIF data of the file when you upload.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
3 Sep 2013 3:36PM
As JJGEE says, it's an automatic process.
As long as your camera model is included in the exif on uploads to the "normal" galleries, then they get automatically included in the Canon gallery - you don't need (and indeed, can't) upload there directly.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
3 Sep 2013 3:42PM
Ooh, I didn't know that. Didn't even know we had a Canon gallery. Smile
That gallery list is getting rather long these days. Grin
martinl 16 269 2 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2013 4:00PM

Quote:They get automatically added depending on your camera model which is embedded in the EXIF data of the file when you upload.

OK folks, thanks for that, didn't realise.
Smile

Quote:Didn't even know we had a Canon gallery.

Me neither, just stumbled across it by accident as the thread announcing it just happened to be at the top of the "Recent Activity" list in the Forum section.
Smile
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
3 Sep 2013 4:05PM

Quote:Ooh, I didn't know that. Didn't even know we had a Canon gallery. Smile
That gallery list is getting rather long these days. Grin

Quote:Me neither, just stumbled across it by accident as the thread announcing it just happened to be at the top of the "Recent Activity" list in the Forum section.

If you check out the "News--->Latest News" tab at the top left of the menu bar every day, then all such additions, changes, competition results, new launches...you name it...gets a mention.

In my view it's the easiest way to keep up with new things on the site.

Malc
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
3 Sep 2013 4:10PM

Quote:If you check out the "News--->Latest News" tab at the top left of the menu bar every day, then all such additions, changes, competition results, new launches...you name it...gets a mention.
Grin Never look at that. Grin
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
3 Sep 2013 4:36PM

Quote: Grin Never look at that. Grin

Try it, Chris...you never know, you might like itSmile...as I said to mrs. salty a few days ago. Happily, the bruise is almost no longer noticeable....Wink
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
3 Sep 2013 4:58PM
You're on very shaky ground Malc. Grin
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
3 Sep 2013 4:59PM
Also, there used to be a new features / site updates section but I do not seem to be able to find it anymore.

Is it still around somewhere ?
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
3 Sep 2013 6:15PM

Quote:Also, there used to be a new features / site updates section but I do not seem to be able to find it anymore.

Is it still around somewhere ?

Site-wide updates which affect everyone and the way the site works and performs, are widely publicised when they happen, but the News section keeps you updated with all the individual 'daily' happenings and news on a more local level.
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
3 Sep 2013 6:50PM

Quote:Site-wide updates which affect everyone and the way the site works and performs, are widely publicised when they happen

Have you seen any recently, excluding advertising like the Canon Gallery ?

In the good old days they were in their own section so if you missed the announcement on-the-day there was a quick reference option.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
3 Sep 2013 7:09PM

Quote:Site-wide updates which affect everyone and the way the site works and performs, are widely publicised when they happen

Have you seen any recently, excluding advertising like the Canon Gallery ?

In the good old days they were in their own section so if you missed the announcement on-the-day there was a quick reference option.

I meant site upgrades...sorry, perhaps badly worded first time round.
The News section contains changes and news, both on-site and elsewhere.
3 Sep 2013 7:15PM
Do you mean this Jeff? New Features List
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
3 Sep 2013 7:51PM

Quote:Do you mean this Jeff? New Features List

Smile yes that was the one but cannot find it on any of the menus.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.