GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Uploading Images

Hello follow ePHOTOzine members,

Just a quick point, I joined this website a few minutes ago and uploaded my first image. I paid a members fee to join for site for 3 months.

I then went to upload a second image and got a message saying that I could only upload one image per day.

This seems a little limiting to say the least. Sites such as Flickr allow unlimited uploads for paying members.

If we paying members are not allowed unlimited uploads, we should at least be allowed say ten a day ?

What does everyone else think ?

Many thanks

freedriv0820000

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Trev_B 12 151 68 England
1 May 2014 8:33PM
Hi Adam, welcome to the site. I think you will fine a friendly bunch here.

You are limited to one upload to the gallery per day, some would like to see more but that is the site rules. However you can load more to your portfolio by using the Multi Uploader green link to the right of your portfolio. You are limited to 500mb per month, anyone looking at your PF will see these shots but they won't appear in the gallery, although they can be added there at a later date.

I did think the that a new member could add more to the gallery in their first few days of signing up, but maybe that rule has changed, maybe one of the team could comment.

Any how enjoy the site…..

Trev
davidburleson 12 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
1 May 2014 8:40PM
Hi Adam,

You're right, we only allow 1 upload per day for any member. Unlike other photo galleries, we try to ensure everyone gets equal exposure for their uploads. The 1/day limit does this. You should get better feedback and activity this way rather than having your photo lost in the mix of 100,000s of photos uploaded from the same day.

But, if you want to upload more, use the multi-uploader in your portfolio. Make sure you also start connecting with users. If you find another user who's portfolio you like, you can click 'Add to Connection' to start following them and getting notifications of when they upload new content. All this information can be found in your Buzz (in your portfolio).

Welcome to ePz! Probably the most complete resource for photographers.

Oh, and if you need any help, feel free to get in touch with the team by clicking 'Contact Support' in the bottom left corner of any page.

Happy EPZing!

David
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
1 May 2014 8:46PM
Hi there Adam.
As Trev said we restrict uploads to the galleries to one a day. This applies for all members.

The reason for this is to give each and every image a better chance of being seen, commented and voted on, as with so many images being uploaded every day, new images disappear from the first page of the galleries fairly quickly.
Other sites let you 'swamp' the galleries with many images per day, but ePz feels it is fairer to allow all images a decent chance of being seen.
You can still upload multiple images to your pf and slip them out to the galleries one a day. All images uploaded to your pf can be seen by other members visiting the pf, but are not open for comment, voting or awards until they appear in the galleries.

Hope this clarifies for you.

Malc

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.