Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Uploading pictures to the gallery.

jack33 11 53 England
10 Aug 2008 10:41AM
Hi, i didnt know where else to post this question so as im a beginner i posted here. I have posted three pictures since joining, when i posted my first picture the critique and modification icons were there,but since then when i have uploaded they dont come up. Am i doing something wrong? When i look at my portfolio only the first picture has these two icons bellow it.

many thanks Jack33

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hellsbells8868 11 151 2 Wales
10 Aug 2008 11:40AM
Hi jack33 and welcome,

I'm no expert but since no-one else had replied at time of writing I think this is the answer;

when you click to upload a picture after you've put in the title and description etc, there are a couple of tick boxes, the first one is Adult Material, then come the 2 you are referring to, I can't remember which order they come in but you need to tick them if you want to activate them, it seems that you ticked both on your first upload, ticking modification will give you the M and allow others to play with your images, ticking the critique will request your photograph to be critiqued but stops general viewers from voting on your upload, as a non e2 member you can only request critique once a week.

Hope this makes sense and sorry to go on a bit.

Hellsbells.
rowarrior 11 4.4k 9 Scotland
10 Aug 2008 12:28PM
Hi Jack, As you're a non E2 member, you can only upload one image a week into the critique gallery (the modification icon goes with this) so 7 days after you posted the last one those tick boxes will reappear Smile If you want people to give you critique on more you can always ask in the description.

KT
jack33 11 53 England
10 Aug 2008 3:35PM
Hi, thanks to both of you for posting. That solves it for me i understand now.
regards jack

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.