Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Create amazing landscapes with LandscapePro. Use discount code EPZMES

USB wireless print server views wanted

digicammad 14 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 11:24AM
Can anybody recommend a wireless print server which is not too expensive and will support a generic printer (ie not HP)? I would prefer if it was a dongle format, but a small box would also be acceptable. It only needs to support a single printer.

Cheers

Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

droberts 13 157 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 1:29PM
I have recently changed from PC to Mac and use an Epson R2880 which is not wireless enabled. I solved the problem by using an Apple Airport Express which lets me print wirelessly. I addition I can use it to stream Audio to separate speakers.
User_Removed 13 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 1:55PM
The Apple Airport Express is a great piece of kit and not a bad price and will do the job for you Ian.
9 Jan 2012 3:10PM
Cheers. Is the Airport Express compatible with Windows and a standard 802.11 wireless router?
9 Jan 2012 3:37PM
Just had a quick read and the Airport Express does indeed seem to do what I want. It's a bit pricey though, maybe I was just being unrealistic thinking there may be a 20 dongle out there somewhere. Sad
9 Jan 2012 4:18PM
What about the likes of this ? Not as sophisticated but cheaper?
9 Jan 2012 4:32PM
Thanks Chris, that is the right sort of size and price but it needs to be wireless. However, from that page I did spot this , which is what I'm after and the reviews seem reasonable.

Off to do some digging. Smile
droberts 13 157 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2012 4:51PM

Quote:Thanks Chris, that is the right sort of size and price but it needs to be wireless. However, from that page I did spot this, which is what I'm after and the reviews seem reasonable.

Off to do some digging. Smile

I had a TP-Link Wireless server but I had to enable its driver software every time I wanted to use it. It was a real pain. Hence moving to Airport Express
9 Jan 2012 7:14PM
LOL I bet you guys still end up having to go to the printer because it runs out of paper due to Sod's Law Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.