Using eBay

UserRemoved 16 4.2k
6 Oct 2004 2:54PM
The adding on paypal fees is a devisive one.

Agreed some people took the biscuit but its easier for people to pay by credit card and they have to pay for that convenience. The difference between highest and 2nd highest bidder is normally less than the paypal fee so why bother accepting from someone who pays by CC rather than someone who pays by cheque.

Paypal make an absolute fortune because they hold on to the money until you request it transferred to your bank and even then they take their time about it. (If you have less than 25 in the account they can be holding on to it for a long time).

So IMHO if people arent willing to pay the paypal charges (or what is effectively a CC admin fee - which many places in the UK charge - concert tickets, holidays) they have to pay by cheque and I'll make that clear in the auction details.

Either that or no paypal.
digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
6 Oct 2004 2:59PM
My feelings also Joe.
mogwyth 16 358
6 Oct 2004 7:12PM
Quote "As soon as you sign up for Paypal you wave any rights you have to claim against them using your credit card illegally. check out www.paypalsucks.com." End Quote

Actualy as I understand it this mainly effects US clients, where I believe you can choose to waive your rights, in the UK even if you choose to waive you rights it's not enforcable, as your statutory rights are enshrined in law and not waivable, having read their T&C I don't think the offending section is in the UK contract. Simularly a contract is not enforcable if it contains clauses that are unfair, ie "If you default on your payments we will immediatly seize all your goods" is unfair, however "If you default on your payments we will give you 14 days to remedy the breach or we may seize goods to the value" is not.

NB I am not a laywer or consumer rights expert so don't take what I say as gospel, this is my understanding of matters and I'll stand to be corrected..

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.