Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

Vaccine - Covid 19


9 Dec 2020 3:07PM
And just to add since it’s missed out of some news stories on this (surprise, surprise)

Quote:It is understood that both the staff members had a significant history of allergic reactions - to the extent where they need to carry an adrenaline auto injector with them.
.
SlowSong Plus
12 9.5k 30 England
9 Dec 2020 3:41PM

Quote:And just to add since itís missed out of some news stories on this (surprise, surprise)

Quote:It is understood that both the staff members had a significant history of allergic reactions - to the extent where they need to carry an adrenaline auto injector with them.
.


Well, fancy that. Why give us all the details when there's an alternative story to be told?
Good to get this update.
keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Dec 2020 8:40PM
I would say to anyone who follows the line ďIíll have the vaccine once I see everybody else have it and see that itís safeĒ

Actually donít bother, youíre not worth the cost of the syringe.
Dave_Canon 14 1.9k United Kingdom
9 Dec 2020 10:23PM
Why are some surprised that some people could have an allergic reaction. When I had my flu jab recently the pharmacist checked that I had no record of an allergic reaction in the past but was also ready to administer adrenaline with an autoinjector. He told me that if there was to be such a reaction, it would occur in less than 2 mins. He explained all this just to detain me the 2 mins but nothing happened.

Dave
spaceman 16 5.3k 3 Wales
10 Dec 2020 3:38AM

Quote:Groups of highly experienced scientists spend 9 months of research to come up with a vaccine.

Dave who has a GCSE in PE says he wouldnít trust it.

I donít know who to believe?




Nine months is an incredibly short amount of time to develop a vaccine.
10 Dec 2020 7:18AM
Nah .. others have just taken too long - this one had all the barriers removed meaning scientists could just get on with it.

gcarth Plus
16 3.9k 1 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2020 9:04AM

Quote:I would say to anyone who follows the line ďIíll have the vaccine once I see everybody else have it and see that itís safeĒ

Actually donít bother, youíre not worth the cost of the syringe.

I think that if government bodies and pharmaceutical businesses were more transparent and trustworthy, the public would more readily accept vaccination.
I for one would volunteer to be vaccinated very soon if only I knew I could have some degree of trust in the powers that be.
There is a lot of money to be made in pharmaceuticals - Big Pharma is worth billions already and making further billions from Covid.
Why do they not have the confidence in their products to accept liability if things go horribly wrong?
It does NOT inspire confidence in the population...

Of course, the vaccines probably are safe but governments and the complicit media who condemn fake information and anti-vaxxers should look closer to home and clean their own house of fake information.
Jestertheclown 12 8.4k 253 England
10 Dec 2020 9:17AM
Garth, if we all listened to you, we'd still have men with red flags running in front of our cars.
Why can't you, just for once, accept that something positive has taken place without turning it into yet another swipe at authority?
keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
10 Dec 2020 10:09AM
Any Anti-Vaccer is welcome to run in front of my car with a flag. Wink
gcarth Plus
16 3.9k 1 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2020 10:47AM

Quote:Garth, if we all listened to you, we'd still have men with red flags running in front of our cars.
Why can't you, just for once, accept that something positive has taken place without turning it into yet another swipe at authority?

If you read again what I said previously on this thread I did in fact say that I think it is good news that a vaccine has been created. I'm simply saying that the news is marred because of a lack of transparency. I'm simply saying that I have some sympathy with the more rational anti-vaxxers. That does not necessarily mean I won't have a vaccination.
As to "taking yet another swipe at authority": I certainly make no apologies for that because many of the authorities are responsible for the mess we are in.

Instead of taking swipes at me, why don't you try answering my points for a change?
10 Dec 2020 10:49AM
Iím with Garth partly in this, we should be able to question the science and ask for answers to questions - itís the one way to be able to gain trust. However, there also needs to be some acceptance or we never move forward but maybe thatís in someways down to how social media allows bad actors to propagate fears.

Garth can you explain how you think ĎBig ĎPharma has made money out of Covid?
gcarth Plus
16 3.9k 1 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2020 11:17AM

Quote:Garth can you explain how you think ĎBig ĎPharma has made money out of Covid?
Well, surely because Big Pharma works to gain massive profits and can command massive payments for vaccines from our governments i.e taxpayer's money.

Jestertheclown 12 8.4k 253 England
10 Dec 2020 11:25AM

Quote:Instead of taking swipes at me, why don't you try answering my points for a change?

I'm not having a swipe at you: rather, I'm simply pointing out that your response, regardless of the thread's original subject, is to turn it into an opportunity to complain about the government/police/anyone with some kind of authority, which doesn't usually have any bearing upon that thread's original subject.

As for answering your points; I've tried that but it's always been pointless.

Your responses have always been thus.
gcarth Plus
16 3.9k 1 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2020 11:49AM

Quote:I'm not having a swipe at you: rather, I'm simply pointing out that your response, regardless of the thread's original subject, is to turn it into an opportunity to complain about the government/police/anyone with some kind of authority, which doesn't usually have any bearing upon that thread's original subject.
Of course my criticism of governments has a bearing on the subject of the thread!
How can you say otherwise?! The governments of the world are responsible for dealing with Covid and commissioning any vaccines that are developed.
Obviously individuals also have a responsibility for behaving rationally in this situation but they are hindered by the bad examples,
corruption and lack of transparency shown by governments and largely unregulated big business.

I'm not an anarchist - I believe in the rule of law and a reasonably ordered society: but I don't believe in the rule of law that favours the rich and powerful at the expense of the rest of us.
keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
10 Dec 2020 12:16PM
The Oxford vaccine will certainly be much cheaper than the Pfizer one, as Astrazeneca agreed not to profit it from it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.